Detailed assembly/disassembly. TAKING REQUESTS!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    How about a Browning Auto 5? I like taking them apart, but in my experience, people don't know how to take them apart so when the guts get cleaned you're taking off 50-60 year old original grease and crud and they're wondering why the gun is acting sluggish

I've got a Remington copy of the A-5, the model 11. I think the only big difference is the lack of a magazine cut off.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    First up will be the Marlin model 60 and S&W revolvers.

Too easy

I've got a Remington copy of the A-5, the model 11. I think the only big difference is the lack of a magazine cut off.

Close enough

How about a Nylon 66? You always have to love a firearm when in the owners manual they say not to take them fully apart :)

The bolt system on those are cool, and the receiver shell can be a PITA to get off sometimes

I'd kind of like to see a Springfield XD/XDM, for a striker fired gun they kind of made them.......weird

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    SIG P6 would be great. I'd even let someone use mine for the pics! I'm wanting to get the firing pin block removed so I can completely re blue the slide.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Joe, I like your series. But how about breaking up the pics just a bit. 100 pics in a post kills us guys on mobile devices. You're doing a GREAT job.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You mean like doing three or four pics per post?

It doesn't have to be that few. You posted so many great pics, dividing it up too much would put too much work on you.
    Just not all in one or two post.
    But, don't think I'm harping on your work, cause it's great. I just got bogged down in the baretta 92 thread.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    My top 3 were already taken (Ruger MKII, Browning A5, and Winchester 97). Those are the 3 hardest to do I have ever done. Another one even experienced gunsmiths like to b!tch about is the Ruger 44 mag. Its not that tough once you do it, but it is unlike anything else. Also, doing a Remington 742/7400 or 760/7600 might be a good one but they require special tools. Savage 99s can also be interesting. Maybe a tutorial on M1 rifle (any variant) bolts?

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I've got a Savage humpback. How does it differ from an A-5 or Rem mdl 11?

I know savage also made a licensed copy of the A-5, and I know across the board there were small changes to each gun, but I think the meat and potatoes of the design are all the same.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I've got a Savage humpback. How does it differ from an A-5 or Rem mdl 11?

I've only done one, and that was a while ago. As I recall, the Savage was pretty easy, looked like a non sophisticated A5, kind of like the Model 11

If you can do an A5, you can easily do the Savage or Remington

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Just an FYI the Colt Pocket Hammerless is a pain in the butt!!!

No wonder they don't make them anymore, it took them too long to put together.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Didn't want to clutter your Colt 1903-08 thread. Thanks. They are a trial. Next request, Makarov, they are really neat. Never buy one at a dark gun show. People do the strangest things to them.

Top Bottom