• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Uh-oh. Now comes the “Let Ron be Ron” phase of the Incredible Sinking Ron DeSantis campaign.

Every failed campaign goes through this phase. It is as sure as admitting you are powerless over alcohol in the Alcoholics Anonymous 12-step program.
    To casual political observers, this always sounds like a hopeful step on the long path to victory. It always sounds especially hopeful to early supporters of the struggling candidate.

But for those of us who have studied more closely the tides and waves of political campaigns over the years, we know the “Let Ron be Ron” phase is something else altogether. It is otherwise known as “the kiss of death.”

The Washington Times is a well known conservative outlet and likewise Charles Hurt is a well known conservative voice

Ouch. I don't think y'all are going to be able to make DeSantis happen

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

2024 PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARIES: DESANTIS FALLS TO SINGLE DIGITS, BIDEN STAYS STRONG

Forty-nine percent (49%) of Republican Primary voters in New Hampshire plan to support former President Donald Trump for the 2024 nomination, a 40-point advantage over all other candidates, similar to his 41-point lead in March. As the field of candidates has come more into focus since March, Florida Governor DeSantis no longer holds second place with double digits, instead has fallen to 8%.

gop-1024x604.png

DeSantis now polling behind Christie in NH

WTAF? I thought the 4th or 5th reboot of his campaign (lost count) was having him concentrate on early contests with a 'leaner, meaner campaign'. It doesn't seem to be working

Something something 'margin of error' something in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There certainly is no denying that DeSantis is tanking. I've said from early on that I'm open to exploring other options beside Trump, but nothing is set in stone. "Show me what you got in the primary" to convince me that you are the best option. So far based on his campaign's performance he hasn't done that.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    There certainly is no denying that DeSantis is tanking. I've said from early on that I'm open to exploring other options beside Trump, but nothing is set in stone. "Show me what you got in the primary" to convince me that you are the best option. So far based on his campaign's performance he hasn't done that.
    That's a fair take. There's plenty of time left but I just can't see his campaign getting turned around sufficiently to garner the R nominee. Somebody but watchout for that Undecided guy. He's polling in second place!

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I, for one, thought DeSantis would do a lot better than he has/is.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I, for one, thought DeSantis would do a lot better than he has/is.
    That was my initial thought as well. I've said he has to prove that he is a viable option for consideration though. A part of being a viable option means running a competent campaign that puts you in a position of viability. This has been a terrible campaign from the launch pad.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

gop-1024x604.png

DeSantis now polling behind Christie in NH

WTAF? I thought the 4th or 5th reboot of his campaign (lost count) was having him concentrate on early contests with a 'leaner, meaner campaign'. It doesn't seem to be working

Something something 'margin of error' something in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...
    Sure this is an opinion question...but IF Everyone in that poll dropped out and all the undecided went to the one guy left, in other words it was a 2 person race with no undecided. AND Lay aside your Trump support for just a sec....who would you want that second person to be? Maybe the best way to ask would be, who do you think the 2nd best candidate on that list is to support your views?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You're not going to like it, but you asked. I think DeSantis is a fraud, playing the part of an America First firebrand because he thinks that's what will get him elected - strictly a desire to be president without any sort of empathy for the common man

So, I'd want that #2 probably to be 'swamy. I mentioned elsewhere I'd like to see polling of 'swamy v Newsome because it might be necessary to counter a late in the race substitution for JoePedo

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    You're not going to like it, but you asked. I think DeSantis is a fraud, playing the part of an America First firebrand because he thinks that's what will get him elected - strictly a desire to be president without any sort of empathy for the common man

So, I'd want that #2 probably to be 'swamy. I mentioned elsewhere I'd like to see polling of 'swamy v Newsome because it might be necessary to counter a late in the race substitution for JoePedo
    Utt-ohh...compression-stall in 5-4-3...:

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/vivek-ramaswamy-says-hed-be-open-to-pardon-of-hunter-biden/

Man, you're like Hillary suiciding the competition...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Sure this is an opinion question...but IF Everyone in that poll dropped out and all the undecided went to the one guy left, in other words it was a 2 person race with no undecided. AND Lay aside your Trump support for just a sec....who would you want that second person to be? Maybe the best way to ask would be, who do you think the 2nd best candidate on that list is to support your views?
    For me, 'Swamy. Clearly he's highly inteligent and very quick on his feet. He sells his positions with a genuinely sincere tone and demeanor. His policies by and large are America First. I don't agree with his legal immigration position (he wants more of it). I don't feel comfortable voting for an unknown and inexperienced candidate. And most of all, I have this weird, nagging feeling about how he'll actually govern if elected. The last articulate, youthful and quick witted candidate we had was Barry, the 0'great one, black messiah and I see how that turned out. I can't see me voting for Swamy unless he were the nominee in the general. But I do think -currently- he is the second best on that list. I look forward to watching him in the debates because I think he's gonna obliterate one or more of the also-rans that'll be on the stage with him.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    For me, 'Swamy. Clearly he's highly inteligent and very quick on his feet. He sells his positions with a genuinely sincere tone and demeanor. His policies by and large are America First. I don't agree with his legal immigration position (he wants more of it). I don't feel comfortable voting for an unknown and inexperienced candidate. And most of all, I have this weird, nagging feeling about how he'll actually govern if elected. The last articulate, youthful and quick witted candidate we had was Barry, the 0'great one, black messiah and I see how that turned out. I can't see me voting for Swamy unless he were the nominee in the general. But I do think -currently- he is the second best on that list. I look forward to watching him in the debates because I think he's gonna obliterate one or more of the also-rans that'll be on the stage with him.
    Trump/Ramaswamy 2024. We get to see his chops without betting the whole farm on him and he takes DeSantris' place in 2028 as next gen America First

DeSantis is so burnt down he does a Scott Walker after his governorship is over

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Nah. It's probably just sour grapes at DeSantis because you think he betrayed Trump by running. It seems if someone is not sufficiently loyal to Trump you develop a TDS-like contempt for them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Utt-ohh...compression-stall in 5-4-3...:

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/vivek-ramaswamy-says-hed-be-open-to-pardon-of-hunter-biden/

Man, you're like Hillary suiciding the competition...
    WHAT? After seeing the lack of accountability for elites, seeing Hunter Biden or any Biden pardoned is just not what I want done. Maybe he was drunk when he said it. See if he walks it back. If not, cross that MF'r off the list. If you're too big to fail, and you broke the law, I want them to bury you under the jail.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump/Ramaswamy 2024. We get to see his chops without betting the whole farm on him and he takes DeSantris' place in 2028 as next gen America First

DeSantis is so burnt down he does a Scott Walker after his governorship is over
    Someone better pull Rammy aside and tell him he needs to repent of his pardoning ways.

Top Bottom