• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    How many law abiding non-pot smoking citizens will take up the habit if it is legalized? The ones that already use are breaking the law now. What does legalizing actually accomplish?
    There are legitimate chronic pain management issues among people who want to obey the law, and that is why they wish to change it, and I have come to understand that (thank you, phylo)

I would like to support that desire without supporting a culture that seems to want to fit their life into drugs rather than fit drugs into their life. My personal experience with it (as an undergrad) was that it just makes you lazy and stupid. That period for me, as an engineering student, is littered with the memory of bright people who partied away their opportunity and squandered their gifts. My family experience with it is that weak people are not able to walk away from it when it is necessary to do so, and it corrodes what little willpower they can muster as well as numbs their perception of the very real consequences

The best compromise would be let people grow their own, but no commercial enterprises attempting to make ever more potent strains and ever higher profits. I think Weed Inc. has the potential to become just another Pfizer, if you had to grow it to partake it would eliminate any obstacle such as needing a prescription while putting some hurdles in the way of mass every day consumption and unseriousness about the process

I think there is just something maladjusted about wanting to be high just to be high, it is just escapism from life

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    You've been smoking today haven't you? :stickpoke: :lmfao:
    No, he’s been watching the video for Aerosmith’s “Rag Doll”

Rag Doll, livin’ in a movie
    Hot tramp, Daddy’s little cutie
    You’re so fine, they’ll never see you leavin’
    By the back door
    Ma’am!

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I would say, rather, that legalizing it is another step out onto the slippery slope of decadence

We are having the same arguments now about rioting and burning property. In some districts those crimes will not be prosecuted even if arrests are made - does that mean those arrests should not be made?

I concede the argument that puffing is not nearly as dangerous as burning and looting, but where and when do we draw the line about when it is just too much bother to enforce certain laws. I am uncomfortable with the idea of the lawbreakers getting to make that decision and move that line

To compare smoking pot to arson and looting is so ridiculous as to not require rebuttal. To argue that if we don't draw the line where you want it drawn means we can't draw lines at all is equally ridiculous. If you're going to slippery slope me, are you also advocating for criminalization of alcohol? Caffeine? Why not push back up the slope?

Do you suppose that everyone in favor of legalizing marijuana is a user of marijuana? I think you'd be surprised at the prevalence of "just legalize it" attitudes among police who've seen the utter fecklessness of the existing law.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The same type of faith that lead men to fly planes into a building or rape, and behead women?
    Islam =/= Christianity
    I understand you're an atheist. I was too and at one point held very similar views as you. But this thread isn't about religion so I'm done posting about that here.

I am a pro legalization, pro gun conservative. I'm not going to vote Dem just to legalize pot. If I had to choose pot or my constitutional rights. Well I already have and I decided to me my rights are more important. But I'm not going to turn my back on someone just for smoking pot either.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So obviously there is a way to identify mj intoxication if it was legal. Delta-8 THC is legal in IN, they sell CBD vape pens that contain high levels of it. Along with gummies. Only Delta-9 is illegal.

I'm not making a legalization argument. I was providing an example of where thc consumption was more dangerous than pot because the user did not believe that they were impaired.
    Out of curiosity, when someone is pulled over for impaired driving and they are high but not drunk, how is this prosecuted? Drunk is pretty easy to understand as the breathalyzer gives a number and statutes are written around those numbers. I'm not aware of anything like this for MJ though.
    Well-documented psychophysical indicators of impairment plus a positive blood test.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    This can't be allowed. They can't legalize it on a state or federal level.

This has been a rough year and I haven't been able to fund my marijuana stocks the way I wanted to. I need to get them up much more before that happens. Once I've stockpiled enough while it's still cheap then they can decriminalize it.
    :rockwoot:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    To compare smoking pot to arson and looting is so ridiculous as to not require rebuttal. To argue that if we don't draw the line where you want it drawn means we can't draw lines at all is equally ridiculous. If you're going to slippery slope me, are you also advocating for criminalization of alcohol? Caffeine? Why not push back up the slope?
    images.jpeg
    Do you suppose that everyone in favor of legalizing marijuana is a user of marijuana? I think you'd be surprised at the prevalence of "just legalize it" attitudes among police who've seen the utter fecklessness of the existing law.
    Do you suppose that those against legalizing it are just evil or stupid or have not personally seen the damage it can do?

Laws against speeding are widely ignored, why do the police keep enforcing them? Oh, that's right, $afety

What about that trope about waiting for the bad consequences to happen and then let existing law apportion blame? Spare me

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Islam =/= Christianity
    I understand you're an atheist. I was too and at one point held very similar views as you. But this thread isn't about religion so I'm done posting about that here.

I am a pro legalization, pro gun conservative. I'm not going to vote Dem just to legalize pot. If I had to choose pot or my constitutional rights. Well I already have and I decided to me my rights are more important. But I'm not going to turn my back on someone just for smoking pot either.
    "Faith" doesn't imply Christianity. Christians don't own the word faith.

My views dont change that.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

How is that a strawman? If you're going to argue that legalizing pot damages society why are you not also arguing for the criminalization of alcohol?

Do you suppose that those against legalizing it are just evil or stupid or have not personally seen the damage it can do?

No, I don't suppose any of that. I suppose they think that it being illegal matters. If you're seeing the damage it can do, then making it illegal didn't prevent that and punishing those people for doing it will make no difference.

Laws against speeding are widely ignored, why do the police keep enforcing them? Oh, that's right, $afety

Go back to cost/benefit. What's the cost of issuing a ticket? What's the cost of a week in jail? That's your strawman.

Top Bottom