• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    Anyone have recommendations for deer processing south of Indianapolis? I live in Bartholomew county and there doesn't seem to be a lot of options around. Last season I drove out to KW in Bloomington and the quality was great but it was definitely a hike, about an hour each way. I found two places that are closer but am unfamiliar with the both of them, Hoeltke Processing in Columbus and Archers Meats in Greenwood.

Can anyone provide feedback on either of those places or recommend other places in the area?

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I and my BIL had terrible experiences at Archer's, but that's been 5 or more years ago now. Poor quality packaging, lots of bone dust, high price and low yield. It prompted my wife to green light all the stuff to just do it myself.

That said, things can certainly change in 5 years.

My BIL uses Bakers Camp in putnamville. VERY pleased with them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Mooresville has a place that used to be called Kenny's Fine Meats. There's been a name change recently and I'm not sure of the new name. I never used them for processing but I know they offer it. The products I did buy from them were outstandingly good.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Bernie Fulton's on Conservation Club Road west of Morgantown. Not much of a place to look at but he does the best job of anywhere I have ever taken a deer and he will be done in 3-5 days time. Drive north from SR 252 and you will see the sign.

Dirty Steve

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Mooresville has a place that used to be called Kenny's Fine Meats. There's been a name change recently and I'm not sure of the new name. I never used them for processing but I know they offer it. The products I did buy from them were outstandingly good.
    Kenny sold the business a while back. He was still working part time there a month ago. I think it may be called Mooresville Butcher Shop now but if you Google that it comes up as Kenny's Fine Meats. Same location. Can't vouch for the service. Kenny's a great guy.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    I and my BIL had terrible experiences at Archer's, but that's been 5 or more years ago now. Poor quality packaging, lots of bone dust, high price and low yield. It prompted my wife to green light all the stuff to just do it myself.

That said, things can certainly change in 5 years.

My BIL uses Bakers Camp in putnamville. VERY pleased with them.
    this was gonna me about my same comment. archers gave me meat that I know for a fact wasn't mine. Baker's Camp went out of their way to make it a great experience.

Top Bottom