"Deep Concealment Carry" How, what, where?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I am wondering, without giving away your secrets, if some folks can gve examples of what and how/where they carry a firearm that would be considered drrp concealment? This term, or something like it, is often used when folks say how many firearms they carry or other carry type issues? What would be considered deep concealment gun? How is a common way to carry this way and what sort of firearms eork best for this kind of carry? Thanks :)

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Tried a 1911 in a Smartcarry once. When I sat down it looked like I was really glad to see someone. Other than that, small pocket pistols like the P3AT. I still sometimes use the Smartcarry and wear it on my strong side with a little gun if I bike or run. Or just any gun that fits in your pocket.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    are we talking deep, or DEEEP?

[video=youtube;HenZ4Z7w0qM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HenZ4Z7w0qM[/video]

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    LOL

I mean the sort of carry that is hard to detect and not that easy to get to that is used in extreme emergencies. Like one that would do with a 3rd gun.
    Like going to a concert or football game? If so, tag me in this thread because I'm curious too.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    would be considered drrp concealment?

My derp concealment gun is an NAA Minirevolver loaded with CCI Stingers. Carried front pocket always unless I have to go through a metal detector or some place where it is both likely to be found and would land me in legal trouble. Almost impossible to tell it is there even on casual patdown, not quick to deploy, but always there when I may need it. It also sometimes goes in the sock at the back of the ankle inside the boot (boots have a lot of metal in them) if I have to go through a metal detector at a non-illegal place, then once inside back in the front pocket.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I am wondering, without giving away your secrets, if some folks can gve examples of what and how/where they carry a firearm that would be considered drrp concealment? This term, or something like it, is often used when folks say how many firearms they carry or other carry type issues? What would be considered deep concealment gun? :)

I've never tried "drrp" nor "derp" concealment...but when I Googled for images of "deep concealment", I learned that Stephanie apparently considers the S&W J-frame to be one of the brea...I mean *best* options for deep concealment! This is obviously true, because I've been staring at this pic for over 30 minutes and I still can't see a firearm anywhere in the picture...!!

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

stephanie.jpg

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've never tried "drrp" nor "derp" concealment...but when I Googled for images of "deep concealment", I learned that Stephanie apparently considers the S&W J-frame to be one of the brea...I mean *best* options for deep concealment! This is obviously true, because I've been staring at this pic for over 30 minutes and I still can't see a firearm anywhere in the picture...!!

stephanie.jpg

After studying that picture for awhile that revolver isn't the only thing that's blue...

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Smart carry a g27 or the g42
    ankle carry either as well
    a shirt I have that has a sewn in holster under the armpits.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013

stephanie.jpg
    On a serious note, how does that not hurt a woman's bresst bone or the zyphoid process? I like this idea but have always wondered that.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    After my retirement from law enforcement I took a part-time job in one of the big-box hardware/home improvement chains. They naturally had the usual corporate attitude toward personal self-defense. I carried my Model 40 Smith in a Bianchi belly-band rig underneath my shirt. Not ideal, but adequate.

rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Ladies deep concealment can be something like a high thigh holder. Guys either pocket, belly bands, boot rig, basically there are some obstacles to access but at least you are armed.

Top Bottom