• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You may or may not be aware, but some of the "health care" products that you lather and spray all over yourself may be toxic. Your porous skin readily absorbs the neurotoxins found in the shampoos, lotions, creams, ointments, spray deodorants, perfumes, and colognes that you use on yourself, not to mention the inhalant factor.

And if you don't die immediately from cardiac arrest, you have the slow death to worry about. Cancers, degenerative diseases, and who knows what else happen to you after years of using toxic products.

Something to consider.

Boy, 12, collapsed and died after 'using too much Lynx deodorant'
    'There is a very reasonable assumption that the passive inhalation of the solvent almost certainly led to his death.' Coroner Dr Robert Hunter recorded a verdict of accidental death, giving the cause as 'cardiac arrhythmia, exacerbated by exposure to solvents'.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You can die by taking in too much water also. Doesn't sound like this kid hit each pit with a two second burst. A few things stand out from the article...

-"was always putting gel on his hair and spraying deodorant"
    -"copious' amounts of deodorant in a cramped bathroom"

It's most certainly unfortunate and I feel for the family but he wasn't poisoned by normal use of the deodorant. In fact, what he was doing was in direct conflict with the warnings on the label. I guess that's what the warnings are there for?

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Rambone, have you been to the Indy 1500? Your marketing research department has failed you because if the gun show is any indicator there are only about 8 or 10 out of the 17K+ of us that even use deodorant. I can't see too many people skimming the threads seeing this one as relevant to their lives.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I can tell you that when I have to use the restroom at my kids high school, the overpowering reek of Axe Body Spray makes me want to die. Does that count?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Hehe, that was actually phylo's thread.
    Maybe the other one was about flouride in the water... I dunno. :dunno:

All these helpful "warning" threads run together after a while...but they sure as hell are amusing. ;)

Sometimes it's hard to tell in these threads if the OP is serious or if it was posted as satire.

*edit: I just read pdog's thread about water. That was not the thread I was referring to. It was a much older thread.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I can tell you that when I have to use the restroom at my kids high school, the overpowering reek of Axe Body Spray makes me want to die. Does that count?

Crazy teens actually believe angels will fall from the sky and want to "bowchicawowow" with them if they wear copious amounts of axe

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Considering that being alive guarantees you will die, I don't know what to do, but I do know that I don't want to offend the coroner so I will use deodorant.

Top Bottom