• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    I have taught my daughter how to shoot and she is a prettygood shot at that. She is turning 19 and about to move out of the house and Iwill be helping her obtain her LTCH. We both feel that some defensive shootingclass would benefit. Anyone know of a good place for a beginner to learn and about how much it costs?

Glock

Marksman
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    I'll second mindset classes. Have her at least take the Into. Flashlight combatives would also be a great addition.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Even if she doesn't come train with Mindset Lab (although I'd definitely recommend that she should) good for you for making training a priority for her. Far too many gun owners will never take a single class.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions about my training.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have taught my daughter how to shoot and she is a prettygood shot at that. She is turning 19 and about to move out of the house and Iwill be helping her obtain her LTCH. We both feel that some defensive shootingclass would benefit. Anyone know of a good place for a beginner to learn and about how much it costs?

Our first Intro to Defensive Pistol is 26 MAY 2013 at Riley Conservation Club near Terre Haute.

You can see our schedule here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-act_2013_schedule_of_events.html#post3723090

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I would recommend the Boone County Sheriff's "Intro to Defensive Pistol" course. He offers a couple ladies only classes each year and they are CHEAP! $175 for a 2 day class!

He is a Gunsite instructor and follows the Gunsite methods and curriculum.

He also brings in a lot of other training opportunities that are difficult to find elsewhere...

official offsite Gunsite courses (pistol, carbine, sometimes shotgun)
    Louis Awerbuck
    Steve Tarani
    Doc Gunn (tactical treatment of gunshot wounds)
    and more

Training Announcements

Sometimes his website isn't up to date. If there aren't 2013 dates for a class you want, just email him. He typically brings the same people in each year, so if they are listed for another year, its likely they will be there this year.

Hoosier Daddy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    icon3.gif

:)

Indy Gun Safety isn't very far from you.

M&J Firearms in Fortville offer some classes too I think.

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    Have her start with your basic peanut butter and jelly.
    Then in about a week or two, move her up to ham and cheese and before you know it, she'll be making you Dagwood sammiches all day long. :D

But she likes to wear shoes. What do I do about that?

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I would recommend the Boone County Sheriff's "Intro to Defensive Pistol" course. He offers a couple ladies only classes each year and they are CHEAP! $175 for a 2 day class!

He is a Gunsite instructor and follows the Gunsite methods and curriculum.

He also brings in a lot of other training opportunities that are difficult to find elsewhere...

official offsite Gunsite courses (pistol, carbine, sometimes shotgun)
    Louis Awerbuck
    Steve Tarani
    Doc Gunn (tactical treatment of gunshot wounds)
    and more

Training Announcements

Sometimes his website isn't up to date. If there aren't 2013 dates for a class you want, just email him. He typically brings the same people in each year, so if they are listed for another year, its likely they will be there this year.

^^^THIS^^^
    Sherrif Ken: He is awesome. I'm repeating his course this year for the 2nd time. :yesway:

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Not quite sure how far Lapel is from Lebanon, IN. The Boone County sheriff, Ken Campbell, has a women's only class in April. Title - Introduction to Defensive Pistol as I recall. Cost $175. 2 day class. 400 rounds of ammo required plus minimum of two magazines or speed loaders as applicable for the firearm used. Must provide copy of Indiana gun permit or submit to a background check. The Department has a website. Google it and click on "training." Campbell is an adjunct instructor for Gunsite and an instructor for the Indiana State Police as I recall. Applicant has to list type of gun they will be using when completing the information on the application. No .22 calibre as I recall.

Regards,

Amboy49

Top Bottom