• ...and so much more!
  • VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It really all depends on the girl...
    But then again, the last time I tried dating, I told the guy I couldn't live with a smoker. He stopped smoking that night, and moved in the next week. Seven and a half years later, I still haven't been able to get rid of him. ;)

And who says Love can't triumph over all? Smoking is a hard thing to quit. To give it up for the love of a good women is a sure sign of a good man. Or, vice versa.

Honesty is also a good trait to have. Tell your new girl about yourself as she should tell you about herself. You are likely past that point if you still have an interest in each other.

Smoking, motorcycles and a cat that loved only me helped to end my super marriage of ten years. You never know how things will end, but as a singer once said. "I would have missed the Dance."

If you get to first base by getting the first date, every dance is worth the risk. Go for it my new friend. To have loved and lost is better than never loved at all.

"ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    I'm a lucky guy, that's for sure! Here we are in South Dakota with her 532 yard prairie dog. We were shooting from right in front of that old barn in the background.

standard.jpg

holy cow, shes a hell of a shot

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I'm a lucky guy, that's for sure! Here we are in South Dakota with her 532 yard prairie dog. We were shooting from right in front of that old barn in the background.

Definitely a Keeper and a better shot than me. Hell, I can't even see the barn :D

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Thanks....The story

Thanks for the kind comments. So far, I'm thinking I'll hang on to her but let me put the shot in perspective for those who are unfamiliar with p doggin'. 532 is a darned good shot with a .223! The gun was zeroed at 200 yards and it took her 6 shots, cranking a lot of elevation into the scope each time, to walk the rounds out there with a spotter calling her shots. Fortunately, the wind was unusually calm for South Dakota. They call 5-10 MPH "dead calm" but that day there was no wind at all. It was early on a cool day and there was no mirage yet. Great conditions to make a long shot. We found evidence of a hit at about 560 but the goal was to make the Varmint Hunters Association Down Range Club. Rules include no carcass = no hit and require a another VHA member to witness the shot. She and I are both members as was our guide. You have to document how the shot was measured. We used a Bushnell laser rangefinder. As I said, 500+ is a good shot with a .223 but the Down Range Club starts at 500 and goes up in 500 yard increments. Believe it or not, there are a few every year who kill a prairie dog at 2000 yards! I can't afford that gun! Most of our shots are less than 400, many way less! FWIW, I feel good about hitting them consistently at 200. BTW, that 45 gr HP was so out-of-steam it didn't exit the p dog. He is currently sitting atop the entertainment center in our living room!

Julie is my #1 shooting partner. We are primarily rifle shooters but she does carry a Ruger Mk II in the dog towns. She seems to attract rattlesnakes! :D

rcuhljr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Carmel
    I'm going to agree with the staying away from scare tactics. Focus on the safety, responsibility, and fun uses like target shooting and competitions. They're a lot less intimidating off the bat for someone who may have heard a lot of myths about firearms.

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    Ok, I gotta tell you all this; When I showed my wife my Ak-47, she stood in front of a full length mirror, wearing only her bra and panties. She held it as she was shooting it from the hip, and screamed " Hold it right there Mother F***er". She turned and hannded it back to me and said "I always wanted to say that". At that time I realized that I married the right woman. I hope every gun guy can be as blessed as I am.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Ok, I gotta tell you all this; When I showed my wife my Ak-47, she stood in front of a full length mirror, wearing only her bra and panties. She held it as she was shooting it from the hip, and screamed " Hold it right there Mother F***er". She turned and hannded it back to me and said "I always wanted to say that". At that time I realized that I married the right woman. I hope every gun guy can be as blessed as I am.
    LOL!! That's funny and awesome and all kinds of great all wrapped up in one big WIN burrito.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN

She have an unwed sister?

Big Naughty

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Hendricks County

i brought a girl home a few weeks ago. things got hot and heavy and we ended up in my room. when she went to lay on my bed something stuck her in the back. when she yelled "ouch" i had no idea what it was. i reached under the blanket and it was the pistol grip shotgun i sleep with. instead of being scared by it she thought it was hot.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    i brought a girl home a few weeks ago. things got hot and heavy and we ended up in my room. when she went to lay on my bed something stuck her in the back. when she yelled "ouch" i had no idea what it was. i reached under the blanket and it was the pistol grip shotgun i sleep with. instead of being scared by it she thought it was hot.

Nice

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Is that a .45 in your pocket or are you just happy to see me......

I'd say tell her as soon as you can. I can just pictures you standing there getting ready to drop trou and realize you never told her you are packing.
    :dunno:

Top Bottom