• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inFALable

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Hamilton Co.
    I upgraded to the Kahr P380 from a Keltec P3AT.

The Kahr is great...real sights (which will soon be night sights), great trigger, better "feel" and more accurate than any pocket pistol deserves to be.

I'm going to pick up a PM9 too and a K9 for my soon to be wife.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Having held the Kahr it feels like a quality weapon. The Keltec p3at and the ruger lcp both have that cheap, inferior feel.

One thing I could never understand about everyone being so excited about the LCP... it was a keltec with ruger stampings.

That Kahr however is well made and feel very good. I'm looking forward to shooting one.

I'm not a big mouse gun fan but that could get me to change my mind from a S&W 642 as a pocket gun... *could*. I still like power and reliability of the .38+p over the extra round of .380 and I don't carry spares for a backup gun...

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    just an FYI Fort Liberty firearms in Avon had one in there today....cant remember the price...think it was around 559. nice little firearm,think i like the sig 238 a little better just for the bulk in the grip,that said that kahr looks like a nice little piece in 380

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Bump; picked mine up today. :D

P380_P9_side.jpg

P380_P9_back.jpg

P380_P9.jpg

Range trip coming up on Sunday!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    It better lock back for the price.

The last shot hold-open and a usable slide stop lever, along with real sights, are what led me to consider the P380 over the less expensive .380s in its size and weight class. Why no other company (except SIG with the P238, but it's in the same price range as Kahr) has been able to combine these features in a small .380 until now has mystified me. Other companies have included one or two of those attributes, but never the whole package.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    jeez that kahr is smaller than i thought i wonder how much more heavier it is than the lcp though

About half an ounce. :dunno:

Published weights are 9.97oz (no magazine) for the P380, and 9.40oz for the LCP.

Adding a couple ounces for an empty P380 mag and assuming the LCP weight includes an empty mag, and it's more like 11.97 vs. 9.40.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    Just a thought, but if it goes bang every time and goes in your pocket, who cares how perty it is. :dunno:

Nice looking gun, I'm just sayin..............

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Just a thought, but if it goes bang every time and goes in your pocket, who cares how perty it is. :dunno:

I, personally, couldn't give a flip about cosmetics; I'm interested in features and functionality. The Kahr excels in these areas in a way few if any other pocket pistols have up to now.

The fact that it's also pretty is a bonus. ;)

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    I picked a pm9 up last night a fingered it a little. The trigger pull was long like a DA trigger. Is this just because there are no external safetys on it. I assume the p380 is the same. The only thing I noticed is the slide lock looks like it could have been recessed a bit more, it's kinda like just bolted to the side of the frame. Other than it looked nice except for the 670 dollar price tag.

Top Bottom