Dan Wesson Revolver popularity and information in Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOVindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2015
    Carmel
    Howdy guys. Sorry for the vague title. I'm looking to get myself a DW revolver when I can find one I like and was wondering about a couple of things. I noticed that certain models go up for sale much less frequently then others and that certain features are more desirable. I found a link to identifying DW models but was hoping that you guys could enlighten me on any info left out. Things like, popularity of certain options, how much they might increase the price, and if certain features were only added on custom models. For example, one of the features I find myself looking for is an unfluted cylinder, but I have been unsuccessful in finding out whether this was an available feature on certain models or if it is entirely custom. I was also wondering if there were any good places to search for these types of discontinued guns other than Gunbroker. -Thank you for your time. Ben

link- What Model do I have? Things a Dan Wesson owner should know! The Dan Wesson Forum Forum | The Dan Wesson Forum

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    I have 2 DW. I like them better then Smith's. I think they are heavier built. I have a model 15FB SS and the other I don't recall the model but have interchangeable barrels. They are both good shooters. If I could find them a little cheaper I would buy a few more. They seem to be a bit pricey.
    My father said years ago you could buy them pretty cheap.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why do you want an unfluted cylinder? How do you index on reloading?

Just curious.

Back on topic, I was at NRAAM last month and had the opportunity to speak to CZ about Dan Wesson revolvers. Production runs are extremely limited. Given the focus elsewhere, I don't see production ramping up anytime soon.

As to the used market, like my mom told me, you gotta shop around.:D

BOVindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2015
    Carmel
    Yeah. The cylinder latch doesn't really bother me that much. I'd like to use it as a fun-gun and possibly for some sort of hunting at some point, so doing those Miculek rapid reloads isn't a priority. Besides, if you have to rapidly reload on 6 rounds of .445 supermag then your fate is already sealed. As far the unfluted cylinder goes, it's a personal preference. I think it looks solid and bad ass, and if I'm paying 1000$ and up for a dream gun then I'd like to get it right the first time.

Top Bottom