• ...and so much more!
  • Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Well it looks like it is finally here. Thought I would start a thread for everyone to see and voice their thoughts. As seems the case in the last few years the price gougers are the only ones that have availability but hopefully this will not be a high demand firearm appealing to folks with disposable income that already have a some race guns in the safe.

Available on GB, saw one listed for $4800 & guns.com has one for $5k. But there are a few available for $1999 now on GB so hopefully dealers will have at that price too.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    This is disappointing , when the DWX was originally announced the Staccato guns were new and the DWX provided a good alternative to the 2011. But now years later I don't know if it will be nearly as popular unfortunately, especially since they didnt add an optics cut after 3 years. Might be a good Limited Class gun but I feel Dan Wesson missed the boat on this one .

Adding , only available in 9mm so it does not even make sense as a USPSA Limited Class gun. The fire control mechanism uses a CZ Sear cage so it's not a 1911 trigger. Supposedly optics cuts and the compact model are coming out Q2. Just for comparisons sake it's MSRP is now $2100 as well, so it even costs what a Staccato does.

Last edited:

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm probably not in the market for a $2k handgun. I'm more the type to cajunize a $500-600 gun. But anyway, it would be interesting to see a detailed comparison and shootout between the CZ family SA models (TSO, TS2, S2 SA, DWX).
    Also of note, it looks like Primary Machine already has optic milling for DWX listed.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    $2199.99 and in stock currently per the website

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Man y'all so set on those damn optics.

irons worked well enough for how many decades? Especially if it is ever offered at msrp.

Some folks are just never happy.

We want 2022 features on our 2022 production guns. Don't like dots you can keep them (and I am not Obama so it's true lol) almost all optics ready guns have a plate or whatever that allows the user to keep it irons only. Again check the public comments on their social media , most people have the same comment as me

The people have spoken

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    Meh. Most factory Optics ready guns use plates to make them more universal. I’ve not had the best luck with plates. I’d rather send it to Primary, Impact, Cajun, etc. for a direct mill for a certain footprint and be done with it.

This gun is still feature packed for 2k imo. You’re getting awesome CZ ergos, reliable magazines (2011’s Achilles heel), and 1911/2011 like feature sets for less than any reputable 2011… including Stacatto, which is the entry level into the 2011 game. I’d still call that a win, I’m excited for these.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Does anyone have one of these yet?, I was thinking about picking one up for a idpa esp gun, and the Dan Wesson website says it weighs 43 ounces, the maximum weight for the division, except the 43 ounce weight limit includes the heaviest empty magazine.

What I’d like to know is, is the 43 ounce weight listed on the website including a magazine or not?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Good news!!!

It’s 44.8 ounces with a magazine so too heavy for idpa esp competition!!! Why good news you ask? Because that means I’m not spending 22 hundred bucks on the one they have a bucks and Jake’s in boonville!

They had 2 that were 1925 each, sold them both, and the next 4 they got are going on gun broker, the assistant manager told me if I wanted one of the four, they’d let me have it, if Not it’s going on gun broker.

As for the oracle im interested in it kinda, but price range from 17 hundred to 2900 msrp, I’d be more likely to buy the dwx

Top Bottom