• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I picked up a nice older Dodge Dakota for hunting, fishing and camping. It needs tires and I usually buy Goodyear Wranglers, but money is kinda tight and I wonder what you think of Hoosier tires? Kinda neat ridin' around in Indiana with Hoosier tires. Any one have them?

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    have not heard much about the hoosiers.

If I had a little more money kicking around I would sell you the wranglers off my new jeep for a good price, but I can't afford the BFG 33's I want right now :(

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I thought you were talking about dakota brand tires. I'm not fond of hoosiers except for racing. but the dakota brand tires are plenty fine and cheap at pep boys.

squarepeg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Lake County
    I don't know about the pricing of any, buy...I didn't know Hoosier still made street tires. Usually I would recament BFG AT for a vehicle that will see light offroad duty like yours. But I have a buddy with a early 90s dakota and alloy rims. He has BFG ATs on his and looses air pressure ramdomly. He will get to my house and by the time he leaves, he could have lost 30 psi.
    Maybe you could check out ProComp AT tires. I don't know if you can get them locally, but I get them at 4wd.com. Otherwise if an AT tire is too pricey, BFG makes a Radial Long Trail that is kinda a mid point between a street truck tire and and all terrain.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    I'm with tyler.... I thought you were talking about Dakota tires from pepboys. I have a set of 285/75/16 Mud Terrains on my Explorer, and there awsome. Plus there buy three get the 4th one free !! I paid like $120 a tire for mine if my memory serves me correctly.

Top Bottom