Not open for further replies.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    They were gone before you got it posted...lol
    I clicked it when they posted them, nothing. Then they came back into stock when I posted that. It seemed like they updated it more than one. When everyone posted into Discord, I clicked and saw nothing. Then a little bit later back in, 3-4 min later, back out. It's very odd. I suppose if I did order it, it would've been cancelled.

I have email notifications set up, and don't get the emails. :faint:

So you got, Brownelled, huh? :stickpoke:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Honestly, if steel case ammo did cause problems with firearms, DOGG shouldn’t worry anyway. He won’t have anything long enough to see any of that... :D
    I did notice that he was on the Top Traders list on INGO when I was bouncing around a few places on the forum that I don't normally go recently. I was surprised that he was well above doddg on the list.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This has made the rounds (get it..rounds..) a few times but if you haven't seen the steel case "answer":

That is an interesting read. Still going through it. Watched the video and reading the section specific to the barrel wear (more to do with the projectiles themselves). I've never shot steel case in any gun (though I have shot quite a bit of aluminum case in various handguns). Continuing to read up.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I did notice that he was on the Top Traders list on INGO when I was bouncing around a few places on the forum that I don't normally go recently. I was surprised that he was well above doddg on the list.
    Cool! I'm ranked number 5. :)

On second thought, that is not an accomplishment I think I want.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    That is an interesting read. Still going through it. Watched the video and reading the section specific to the barrel wear (more to do with the projectiles themselves). I've never shot steel case in any gun (though I have shot quite a bit of aluminum case in various handguns). Continuing to read up.

There are definitely some “yea buts” in their methodology but as you dig into it, the cost/benefit analysis seems sound.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So its cool to shoot :poop: ass steel ammo through your nice AR and blow the barrel out of it in 6K rounds because =you save enough to buy a new barrel.....and then replace all the parts in the BCG as well.

:bs:

Steel might be real but in ammo it is suckage.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    This would be the rifle that is used for the last 6K rounds that you have after you have already ran everything else when the excrement hits the fan. When you are out of ammo the rifle is no good for anyone who may take it from you.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    So its cool to shoot :poop: ass steel ammo through your nice AR and blow the barrel out of it in 6K rounds because =you save enough to buy a new barrel.....and then replace all the parts in the BCG as well.

What I read in the article, is that either brass or steel, you can find some justification.

I've never ran anything steel except 7.62x39.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    A Fedex driver made me happy today.

We had 2" of snow overnight and that's usually enough on my driveway that Fedex drivers will either "not attempt delivery" or dump the package by the street for me to find later when I go looking.

This time the driver called and when I didn't answer (was screening numbers I didn't recognize), he texted to ask me if it was alright to leave the package at the end of the drive which I thanked him for. He even put it in a garbage bag to keep it dry.

2k of CCI 9mm is now resting comfortably in my house instead of riding with Fedex until the snow melts.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    A Fedex driver made me happy today.

We had 2" of snow overnight and that's usually enough on my driveway that Fedex drivers will either "not attempt delivery" or dump the package by the street for me to find later when I go looking.

This time the driver called and when I didn't answer (was screening numbers I didn't recognize), he texted to ask me if it was alright to leave the package at the end of the drive which I thanked him for. He even put it in a garbage bag to keep it dry.

2k of CCI 9mm is now resting comfortably in my house instead of riding with Fedex until the snow melts.

Some of these delivery drivers are really spectacular. Some are not...

Snow? Barely a dusting here.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Tiny snowmen and snow cones round here. They got their fix. Cocoa and couch naps are the order after lunch.
    Dropping the truck off in a couple hours for an inspection. Golf ball sized oil spots showing up in the drive. Probably the rear main seal. TBD.
    ac09af1ea5c44903c21303e9bac7398b.jpg

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Tiny snowmen and snow cones round here. They got their fix. Cocoa and couch naps are the order after lunch.
    Dropping the truck off in a couple hours for an inspection. Golf ball sized oil spots showing up in the drive. Probably the rear main seal. TBD.
    ac09af1ea5c44903c21303e9bac7398b.jpg
    External oiling. It’s a feature, not a fault. Helps prevent rust.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

My hero !..... you saved me some typing .

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I’ve only ever run steel case 7.62x39, but wouldn’t have an issue running steel case 9mm through a Glock. I don’t think it could really hurt anything. :dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just love how taboo steel case ammo is in here.....

I run steel case just fine.

I guess that makes me an idiot.

Thanks for the reminder.
    I've run a bunch of steel in some guns. It's hard to find surplus Russian 7.62x54r in anything but copper washed steel. I would not choose steel over brass if I had a choice but don't think an occasional box would hurt the average gun if thats all there is to shoot

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom