• CZ 75 COMPACT/PCR VS 1911

• Total voters

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    If you don't want to go with .45, go with the CZ. I have shot several 1911s in 9mm, and reliability has always been lacking. For critical situations, stick with what the gun was designed for - the 1911 was designed for .45, and the CZ was designed for 9mm.

i very much agree with this, SOMEWHAT. The P-06 and the 2013 and newer 97B will do just fine in "critical situations."

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Heck, I'll need 100 rounds just to clear one of those!

Where do you normally practice VERT? I'm assuming you don't show up to matches and wing it! I have some land where I can safely shoot. I might just have to Start practicing if it starts back up in April. I guess when it come so handgun shooting sports I'd be a noob too Gregkl.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Where do you normally practice VERT? I'm assuming you don't show up to matches and wing it! I have some land where I can safely shoot. I might just have to Start practicing if it starts back up in April. I guess when it come so handgun shooting sports I'd be a noob too Gregkl.

Practice? Only time I get to shoot is at our USPSA and steel matches. Yeah I pretty much wing everything :D

Dry Practice can be your friend, but I admit I don't do near enough of it. Also don't discount spending some time with a good instructor. But I wouldn't put off showing up at a match just because you don't think you are good enough. I will share a secret and that is you probably won't win. I can pretty much guarantee the guy or gal that does will be willing to help you improve though. Especially if you ask.

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Me thinks he hasn't run a Cajunized CZ. They run like a raped ape.

Even the ones that come out of the CZ custom shop run well. But, in my experience, the SP01 Shadow doesn't care for hard primers(i.e. Tula) But, they aren't setup to "eat" everything either.

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    How hard is it to do a trigger job on a CZ yourself with a drimmel? Obviously it's not as quick or easy as a Glock, but how hard is it? Does the trigger get better with age/round count? In assuming the metal on metal will cause it to become smoother over time.

Top Bottom