• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    It's not even spelled the same as the old one. This one is spelled Škorpion but the new one is spelled using English lettering. I cannot wait for the Evo to come to market. I wanted to get the POF5 but I am getting THIS.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I've already talked to my local gun shop and they are working their ass off trying to find out when is it available and I put a small down payment ahead of time to get in front of the line.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Honestly, I'd be a bit surprised if CZ raises their price. I'm sure all the dealers that get their hands on them first will jack up the prices sky high. But look at the KSG. Keltec initially was projecting MSRP at around $800. They were in super short demand at first, selling for over twice that. But now, you can find them right in that range (it didn't help that all the craziness happened and nearly every tacticool gun went way up in price).

If you wait long enough, I'll bet you can buy an EVO pistol for $800, which I might be tempted to do. Until then, I guess my MP5 SBR will have to be good enough.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Honestly, I'd be a bit surprised if CZ raises their price. I'm sure all the dealers that get their hands on them first will jack up the prices sky high. But look at the KSG. Keltec initially was projecting MSRP at around $800. They were in super short demand at first, selling for over twice that. But now, you can find them right in that range (it didn't help that all the craziness happened and nearly every tacticool gun went way up in price).

If you wait long enough, I'll bet you can buy an EVO pistol for $800, which I might be tempted to do. Until then, I guess my MP5 SBR will have to be good enough.

The difference between Keltec and CZ-USA is lightyears though. Keltec is notorious for announcing a new gun and then not delivering. Think PMR-30, RFB, KSG, CMR-30. All of them missed the scheduled release date and supply has only recently caught up with demand. And only because the people who initially wanted them either got sick of waiting and got something different, gave up or paid twice the MSRP for one. I'm sure the Scorpion will be a huge hit for CZ and I anticipate a surge at first but I doubt CZ-USA would pull a Keltec and announce a product they weren't ready and able to sell by the truck loads. And barring another "man made disaster" I doubt we will see the madness like before.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The difference between Keltec and CZ-USA is lightyears though. Keltec is notorious for announcing a new gun and then not delivering. Think PMR-30, RFB, KSG, CMR-30. All of them missed the scheduled release date and supply has only recently caught up with demand. And only because the people who initially wanted them either got sick of waiting and got something different, gave up or paid twice the MSRP for one. I'm sure the Scorpion will be a huge hit for CZ and I anticipate a surge at first but I doubt CZ-USA would pull a Keltec and announce a product they weren't ready and able to sell by the truck loads. And barring another "man made disaster" I doubt we will see the madness like before.

Agreed. I doubt we'll see the production bottlenecks like the KSG had from a company like CZ-USA.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I just called my local shop and they can't tell me a thing about it but best guess is next month at least before they can get one.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I don't know why, but I'd rather get the MPX, even with the price difference. The CZ just doesn't do anything for me. Wish I didn't have such expensive taste.

Top Bottom