• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Not sure why but I am getting an itch to own the CZ 75BD just from I read about it. My wife says I have to sell something to get something, so that may be a slowdown for me. I need to find one to rent to se ehow it may feel; I'm in the "looking around" - "info gathering" mode.

Anyways....Anyone have any experience with the CZ 75BD? All I read about is the good, the excellence and such but I want to know the concerning stuff also. What to watch for. Too heavy? Hard to rack? Pull pants down while CC? Complaints?

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    You should ask this question in the CZ thread. I have a P-01 which is the 75BD with a rail and I love it. Also have a 75BD with a steel frame it is a surplus gun. Don't know where you are located but if you are close I'd be happy to meet up and let you shoot mine.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I have the 75 SP-01, all steel with a rail. Large pistol but not more so than a full size 1911. This is the easiest to shoot 9mm I have ever shot. High capacity, low recoil. I also have a 75D PCR, a more compact all metal version that is my usual EDC. If you meet up with Vinny I am close to him and we can do a CZ comparison.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    List of CZ models that do not meet expectations:

List of CZ models the meet or exceed expectations:

75, 75B, 75BD, SP01, PCR, P-01, 75 Compact, Phantom, Shadow, Shadow 2, P10S/C/F, Tactical Sport, P07, P09, 75 B SA, CZ 85, Czechmate, 97B, 40B, RAMI 2075, CZ 1911 A1, AccuShadow, A01, Omega, etc.

chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    West side of Indy
    List of CZ models that do not meet expectations:

List of CZ models the meet or exceed expectations:

75, 75B, 75BD, SP01, PCR, P-01, 75 Compact, Phantom, Shadow, Shadow 2, P10S/C/F, Tactical Sport, P07, P09, 75 B SA, CZ 85, Czechmate, 97B, 40B, RAMI 2075, CZ 1911 A1, AccuShadow, A01, Omega, etc.
    I bought a Shadow Tac II. That was my holy grail for CZ. 1511D045-D4AE-4A44-9324-48F833B358A3.jpeg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ve owned a CZ or two over the years and can say that there’s a CZ to fit any need. If you are looking for a carry gun, it’s hard to beat the P01 or PCR. Don’t mind a bit of weight on the best in exchange for a bit softer of a shooter? Then the 75B compact is what you want to look at. Want a really soft shooter? Full size is your game.

Maybe you are into poly guns but don’t like striker fired pistols. In that case, take a look at the P07, P09 or Phantom. Or, maybe you do like striker fired. The P10 series has you covered.

There really is a CZ to scratch any itch.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    I might be biased...

Anyone have any experience with the CZ 75BD? Hell yes

Too heavy? Hell no, just right for a metal pistol

Hard to rack? Hell no

Pull pants down while CC? Seriously, not with a belt

Complaints? Hell no

Sold mine several years ago to get a 97B and had it Cajunized. Do I regret.....double hell no....

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Not sure why but I am getting an itch to own the CZ 75BD just from I read about it. My wife says I have to sell something to get something, so that may be a slowdown for me. I need to find one to rent to se ehow it may feel; I'm in the "looking around" - "info gathering" mode.

Anyways....Anyone have any experience with the CZ 75BD? All I read about is the good, the excellence and such but I want to know the concerning stuff also. What to watch for. Too heavy? Hard to rack? Pull pants down while CC? Complaints?

Any help or guidance is appreciated.
    I bought a CZ 75 BD some months back and I haven't regretted it.
    Sure, being all steel it's a little heavier, but it's a solid, excellent pistol.
    I really like mine.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I am pondering a CZ 75 for a few whiz range gun. I have shot several and they are very nose. I know more than a few that run the 75 in some flavor in IDPA or USPSA and they all love them.

If your close to Terre Haute Top Guns has a 75 BD in the case and a couple others (not for rent) but you can at least look at it if interested I’d recommend calling first to make sure as they keep a stock of everything but you never know If your interested

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Thanks gents....

2 more areas I need to cover. Go and get the feel of one and then start the dishes, vacuuming, dusting to soften up the other half.

Hate to have to say this, but DON'T DO IT!!!!
    Do NOT get any version of the CZ75, PERIOD.
    Your other half will have kittens--probably sooner than later...

I'm just trying to look out for your marital bliss here, and believe me, I'm talking from experience here when I tell you straight up-- If you get ONE version of the CZ's, you will most likely end up with SEVERAL.

I started with one--just one. Currently at 3 1/2 (counting the .22 slide package as a half here), and I'm sure there will be more...just as soon as SWMBO gives in and lets me get 'em!!

Once you get into these things, you'll be addicted.

You have been warned!

But seriously, If you're around northside Indy and want to run a few mags through a SP-01 and/or a P-01, just PM me and we'll figure something out.

Top Bottom