• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Was going to start a new thread, but figured dog owners would be concentrated here.

Not a dog owner, but need to endear myself to several neighbor dogs that insist on barking at me. I know many times ive heard "you cant give that to my dog, she is on a special diet"

Is there such a thing as a treat (special milk bones, whatever) that can be given to any dog, regardless of health issues? The last thing I need is to tick off the owner (or hurt the dog) because their dog "cant have that" due to whatever condition or special diet they are on.

Though as I sit here in my office with the windows open listening to the two brand new weiner dogs barking incessantly across the street (they will likely bark with few breaks for at least the next hour, possibly two) I'm beginning to not care whether they are allowed to have the treat or not. :xmad:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Was going to start a new thread, but figured dog owners would be concentrated here.

Not a dog owner, but need to endear myself to several neighbor dogs that insist on barking at me. I know many times ive heard "you cant give that to my dog, she is on a special diet"

Is there such a thing as a treat (special milk bones, whatever) that can be given to any dog, regardless of health issues? The last thing I need is to tick off the owner (or hurt the dog) because their dog "cant have that" due to whatever condition or special diet they are on.

Though as I sit here in my office with the windows open listening to the two brand new weiner dogs barking incessantly across the street (they will likely bark with few breaks for at least the next hour, possibly two) I'm beginning to not care whether they are allowed to have the treat or not. :xmad:

Years ago, we had a dog that seemed to have a weight problem. Mrs. BigRed was always keeping him on a "special diet", but the dog kept finding the lbs.

About a week before moving to a new town, we had the neighbors over for dinner. Guy next door was an awesome dude....about 80 at the time and one of the best neighbors I've ever had.

So he's playing with the dog after dinner and says, "I'm really going to miss my Bud". Then he starts talking about how much he likes the dog....and that he gives him a serving of his sausage gravy and biscuts every morning....

IMG_0680.PNG

Damn, I truly miss ol' Joe. That guy was a treasure in so many ways.

Got to the new place and the dog got lean and trim....but I think he missed ol' Joe as well.

MommaBean18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Sunny Side of Louisville
    Awaiting their approval to leave the room …
    Awww, I love Corgi’s! Never owned one but definitely want to one day.

My neighbor behind me had one when we moved in. There was a hole in the fence about 2” diameter that was at his eye level. He would stick his nose through it to try to smell what was going on. My daughter was 2yrs old at the time and always thought it was hilarious! Miss those days.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Awww, I love Corgi’s! Never owned one but definitely want to one day.

My neighbor behind me had one when we moved in. There was a hole in the fence about 2” diameter that was at his eye level. He would stick his nose through it to try to smell what was going on. My daughter was 2yrs old at the time and always thought it was hilarious! Miss those days.
    They’re great if you can deal with barking, shedding and completely being ignored unless they want something!

MommaBean18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Sunny Side of Louisville

Some ppl just don’t like others giving their pets food. Especially if they don’t own one.

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe

It’s not really a diet thing, it’s an excuse to say “no” and not be rude.
    Sadly there’s enough screwed-up people out there who might be going around giving dogs poisoned treats, and better be safe than sorry.
    Also some owners give dogs food/treats only as reward for obeying commands.

MommaBean18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Sunny Side of Louisville
    They’re great if you can deal with barking, shedding and completely being ignored unless they want something!
    Idk about the barking but the rest I could deal with. I’m sure in your case, they instigate each other into the barking being you have several. Lol

I have a double dapple dachshund with blue eyes. We named her Kookie (the K is a theme with my pets following myself) because her coat looked like a chocolate chip cookie when she was a puppy. I think it still does, just darker. She only barks when it’s needed. You barely know she’s around most of the time. After having a few bigger breeds, Pits (which I also love), I’m grateful for for the low maintenance.

MommaBean18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Sunny Side of Louisville
    I’m not saying that Pits are high maintenance, just bigger dogs in general. Most of the time, with smaller dogs, you don’t have to worry about wiping their paws off when it’s raining outside because they don’t weigh enough to protrude through the grass to the mud, baths are MUCH easier, and they don’t EAT SO D*MN MUCH! Etc…

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Don’t do it!!
    Im watching for the owners to be outside for an excuse to go over and introduce ourselves like a good neighbor. You know, shoot the breeze for a bit, and then delicately bring up the fact that their house must be super duper insulated since they cant hear the dogs barking incessantly for hours on end. Because if they could hear them barking for 90+ minutes straight they'd certainly do something about it. :rolleyes:

I would prefer that delicate segue over *ding dong* "Hi! I'm your neighbor across the street. Would you please shut your #*%*#$*$*#ing dogs up??! They've been barking almost nonstop for a G****ned hour! Cant you hear them barking?!?!? It happens every damned day! Oh, BTW, welcome to the F***ng neighborhood you inconsiderate ***hole!" :):

And I feel sorry for their neighbor on the other side. She is an elderly neighbor that happens to go to church with us. She mentions that she goes to bed at 9, and they literally bark directly under her bedroom window. Sometimes past 11. :faint:

MommaBean18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Sunny Side of Louisville
    It sucks when you have a bad neighbor. I hate those kinds of neighbors!

Maybe they put them outside because of the barking and don’t want to deal with it themselves? Or maybe they don’t realize how bad it is or how it affects others?

I think that plan is a good one. And maybe “blame” it on the elderly lady so they don’t think you’re just b***hing. Deflection is key.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    MAYBE they just got the hint. Dogs lit up again just now. I opened the front door and screamed at the top of my lungs "ITS F****ING ELEVEN O'CLOCK. SHUT THE F*** UP!!!!!!!" and closed the door.

They quit barking and now I look out and they are no longer outside. Hmmmm.

Top Bottom