• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I'm debating another 1911. However, I would like to get some custom made grips for it. Specifically, ones just like the Springfield Armory grips. I'm looking for wood ones with the checkered pattern and dual diamonds by the set screws along with a custom design in the center. Any input on where to have them done?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Ebay usually has plenty of 1911 grips at fair prices. What you are looking for doesn't sound that exotic, take a look there and I'll bet you will find some.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Check out RMH knives. I had him CNC cut a set of custom grips for a AllanM build. He does a lot with different exotic materials. I had him do a Wilson sunburst pattern with a Caspian logo. I would go to him again if there was something “different” I wanted. Great communication. He sent me emails with the design so I could approve before he cut them to make sure I was getting what I wanted.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    talked to a stock maker about checkering some Ivory 1911 grips . He stated $60.00 per hour and 3 hours work . If you want CUSTOM grips they might be a little costly
    . .

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Custom grips can be had from Culina grips or Keith Brown.If you want custom art work fit and finish google them. Don't confuse custom grips with mass produced grips .Another grip maker is Grashorn grips.many fine makers out their

Top Bottom