• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Greeting good ingo people! So I usually make the local Wally World rounds once a week. I know most o the ammo counter folks by name and I enjoy chatting with other shoppers that are usually just looking for .22. I always ask what other shoppers are looking for and happily share stock info from the other stores I've been to. I was happy to learn last week that Walmart has lifted the three box limit on all but .22. Apparently not all walmart employees have gotten the memo though. The west 86th street store insists there is still a three box limit on everything. They had to get no less than four people involved in my transaction before they finally settled on selling me three boxes of of two calibers each (6 total boxes). They really wanted to get rid of me and I was losing my patience and running out of time to invest in the situation and so settled on the six boxes.

Side note, while I was waiting for the circus to sell me my boxes another customer wanders up and points to the last three boxes I was waiting on (the employees wouldn't take what I wanted out of the case and told me to wait for the manager to come back), guy with key starts to remove the boxes so I politely say "hey excuse me, that's what I am trying to purchase". Crickets, straight up ignores me. "yo! I've been standing here for twenty minutes trying to buy those three boxes!". The guy kind of laughs and says "you go ahead, I've already got a lot of it". :xmad:

After another twenty minutes the store manager calls the ammo counter and tells guy with key he can sell me three per caliber. Whatever, ring me up. This after insisting the "system" wouldn't let her sell me more than three if she wanted to.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone knows if the three box limit has been lifted at all stores or does it vary by location? I looked at Walmarts website and there is nothing about their official policy.

I never got the memo until I saw the sign...

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    As soon as the weather gets nicer, we will be seeing big crowds at the wednesday flea market at Whites in Brookville. Pleny of "flippers" will be trying to sell their bricks for $70-$75. I always offer to sell them a couple for $50 if they need some more. No takers last year.

The game can add up. Just locally, if a guy was retired and could nail down the schedule or have wally world connection with employees it could multiply quick. Lets say you could pick up just 3 or 4 bricks a week at a cost of 25.00. Thats a hundred a week your spending. Do that for Nov thru Apr and you have spent $2400 and stockpiled 96 bricks. Now hit the different flea markets around like brookville, friendship, etc and see the 96 bricks over the spring/summer for an average of 50 per brick. Doubled your money and now have a nice cool $2400 profit. Not a bad sideline. If you could double your acquisitions, the profit really jumps.

StunnedMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    The only problem with lifting the three box limit seems to be that now I never see any 9 mm on the shelves. I used to get lucky now and then but now it's always empty. I guess your only hope is to get there at just the right time and buy it all, which is what prompted the limits in the first place.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    Almost :

Today I did a "ammo check " at the local Wal- mart because I was in the neighborhood .
    Nothing .
    The ammo guy and I are on pretty good terms due to my frequency of visits so he says " hang out for a minute . " (wink..nod ) . 30 seconds later , a different guy comes out with 5 bulk packs .
    Instead of putting it by the case where I was standing (1st in line) , he put it on the counter .
    A big ol' 6 foot 19 inch guy scoots right in and grabs up three boxes .
    " Well , at least there are 2 boxes left for you " says the 2nd ammo guy .
    My 1st chance to buy a bulk pack at Wal-mart in 2 years is finally here . He pushes 2 boxes toward me, and like an idiot , I did not pick them up .
    Out of NOWHERE , the other guy's wife walks up to the counter at his command and says " HEY ! Don't I get any ! " ? as he pulls the 2 boxes back to his other 3.
    I would bet all the money in Carmel that this woman has not fired a gun in 25 years . if ever.
    Long story -short , they grabbed them ALL as I just shook my head and stepped back .
    It just wasn't worth the fight that was about to happen . These people 's GREED were in total overdrive .
    Oh well

People are d**ks .

Like I said ......Almost.. >:(

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Almost :

Today I did a "ammo check " at the local Wal- mart because I was in the neighborhood .
    Nothing .
    The ammo guy and I are on pretty good terms due to my frequency of visits so he says " hang out for a minute . " (wink..nod ) . 30 seconds later , a different guy comes out with 5 bulk packs .
    Instead of putting it by the case where I was standing (1st in line) , he put it on the counter .
    A big ol' 6 foot 19 inch guy scoots right in and grabs up three boxes .
    " Well , at least there are 2 boxes left for you " says the 2nd ammo guy .
    My 1st chance to buy a bulk pack at Wal-mart in 2 years is finally here . He pushes 2 boxes toward me, and like an idiot , I did not pick them up .
    Out of NOWHERE , the other guy's wife walks up to the counter at his command and says " HEY ! Don't I get any ! " ? as he pulls the 2 boxes back to his other 3.
    I would bet all the money in Carmel that this woman has not fired a gun in 25 years . if ever.
    Long story -short , they grabbed them ALL as I just shook my head and stepped back .
    It just wasn't worth the fight that was about to happen . These people 's GREED were in total overdrive .
    Oh well

People are d**ks .

Like I said ......Almost.. >:(

Wow....just wow...I am assuming this was in Noblesville, not that it really matters...Kudos to you man, I would have not kept so quiet. I probably would have tried to persuade them to share, which would not have gone over very well, being that I come across pretty abrasive in those situations....

Top Bottom