• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    I wonder why wait times vary so much. Is IMPD able to process that much faster?

Well one way times vary is depending on which finger printing process you choose. If you get printed at the police station on paper, your wait time is alot longer. I want to the FBI building in merrillville, and did electronic prints, i got my license quick as heck. Granted that was years ago, but still, it makes a difference.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Well one way times vary is depending on which finger printing process you choose. If you get printed at the police station on paper, your wait time is alot longer. I want to the FBI building in merrillville, and did electronic prints, i got my license quick as heck. Granted that was years ago, but still, it makes a difference.

Another big factor is when your local PD transmits your app to ISP. If they sit on it for whatever reason, that can cause a delay as well.

spray73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have an acquaintance who applied 1/13 and has yet to receive or hear ANYTHING of his app.. Unanswered emails, no returned calls, etc.

He is unsure of what to do at this point.. Fwiw, he has a clean background.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I have an acquaintance who applied 1/13 and has yet to receive or hear ANYTHING of his app.. Unanswered emails, no returned calls, etc.

He is unsure of what to do at this point.. Fwiw, he has a clean background.

If it were me, I would make a trip to their offices and inquire. His app has to have gotten lost.

Ace3one7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Got an email from Isp a couple hours ago. "Please watch for an envelope from the Indiana State Police to be delivered to you via the US Mail". Anyone else ever receive this email before?? :dunno:

So I was confused after receiving this email especially since Lectric and others had never heard of it...... Happy to say it came today. Paid state fees December 10, and local December 11, Issued January 28. Thanks letric you've been a big help throughout the whole process :rockwoot:

Last edited:

spray73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Wait, January 2013 or 1/13/14? That makes a big difference.

January 2013. Yes, it has now been over 365 days. I blame him for not taking the initiative to just personally pay a visit to his L1 facility and or drive into the city.. But, it's absurd that his app has been "lost" or just not been reviewed.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    January 2013. Yes, it has now been over 365 days. I blame him for not taking the initiative to just personally pay a visit to his L1 facility and or drive into the city.. But, it's absurd that his app has been "lost" or just not been reviewed.

While I agree that it's certainly absurd and inexcusable, it's not totally unheard of. Stranger Danger waited over a year as I recall, for no apparent reason that he, or anyone else, could ascertain. And other people have gotten theirs in as little as a week. It makes no sense to us, but I would be willing to bet that there is an underlying reason behind all of them. ISP might not be the most efficient agency in the State, but it's hard to believe that they would let an app languish in their system for a year.

Your friend needs to take the initiative and contact everyone he can (up to and including his state representative) to get to the bottom of it. That's assuming, of course, that he really desires to get his license. Since it's been a year and he hasn't really been proactive in tracking down his app, one would have to assume that it's not a high priority.

JamesM4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I submitted my application online 1/18/14, electronic fingerprints taken and local fees paid 1/21.

Yesterday (2/4) I got home to find my LTCH waiting in my mailbox!

After all the long wait times I've heard on here and the woman the processed my fees at the FWPD saying it could be 6-8 months I was worried. In the end it took just over 2 weeks start to finish, I can't complain :-D

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I submitted my application online 1/18/14, electronic fingerprints taken and local fees paid 1/21.

Yesterday (2/4) I got home to find my LTCH waiting in my mailbox!

After all the long wait times I've heard on here and the woman the processed my fees at the FWPD saying it could be 6-8 months I was worried. In the end it took just over 2 weeks start to finish, I can't complain :-D

I did the online app and the electronic fingerprints on 1/24/14 and got my permit yesterday on 2/4/14. Pretty quick.

:thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom