• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jarhead1775

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Rushville
    I just got off of the phone. They are currently working on Nov 19 on the L1 side of things. I was told that it would be about 2 weeks before they got to mine, which they received Nov 30.

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    Sent in my application on July 6th. Got a letter last week saying I had an "incomplete fingerprint card" and to fill in any missing information and send it back. Date stamp that they started working on the application was July 31st, but they didn't send me a letter until December 3rd!
    I forgot to mark my place of birth, actually the police person who filled out the card forgot it, since I am old and forgot my reading glasses that day. So, six months and still waiting.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Sent in my application on July 6th. Got a letter last week saying I had an "incomplete fingerprint card" and to fill in any missing information and send it back. Date stamp that they started working on the application was July 31st, but they didn't send me a letter until December 3rd!
    I forgot to mark my place of birth, actually the police person who filled out the card forgot it, since I am old and forgot my reading glasses that day. So, six months and still waiting.

Why don't you just do L1 now? I would do that even if it cost you more. Get it in 3 weeks instead of in July.

Lethgar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012

Sounds exactly like the agenda of those idiots. Keep people from exercising their right to defend themselves for as long as possible.

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    I asked about that when I called about it. They said that as soon as they get the completed form back that they will issue the license. I just don't understand why it took six months for them to let me know there was even a problem.

WoodenMetal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    NE
    I am still shaking as I type this, I just got back from going to see my grandfathers house for the last time (closing the sale today). It's on the rough end of town. I try to avoid bad parts of town but my grandfather passed and we sold the house so we had to be there.

When we got out and were about to leave my father (70) and I were approached by a large man crying for money. He got up in my dad's face and was begging demanding money because "he was starving"

Dad gave him some change and the begger wasn't happy. I kept a close eye on his hands and whispered "lets get out of here!"
    He stood behind our truck so that we couldn't get out right away, but luckily he ended up moving on. We watched as he ran around the corner and met up with a young woman waiting for him in a car. He passed money off and ran off to do it again.

You never know when or if someone could potentially get violent. Luckily in this case nothing happened but it very easily could have and we could not defend ourselves if we wanted/needed to! My permit has been in the system for over 11 weeks, I did not know that L1 would have gotten me the ccw that much faster. Please, tell everyone you know to do L1!

Lethgar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    I am still shaking as I type this, I just got back from going to see my grandfathers house for the last time (closing the sale today). It's on the rough end of town. I try to avoid bad parts of town but my grandfather passed and we sold the house so we had to be there.

When we got out and were about to leave my father (70) and I were approached by a large man crying for money. He got up in my dad's face and was begging demanding money because "he was starving"

Dad gave him some change and the begger wasn't happy. I kept a close eye on his hands and whispered "lets get out of here!"
    He stood behind our truck so that we couldn't get out right away, but luckily he ended up moving on. We watched as he ran around the corner and met up with a young woman waiting for him in a car. He passed money off and ran off to do it again.

You never know when or if someone could potentially get violent. Luckily in this case nothing happened but it very easily could have and we could not defend ourselves if we wanted/needed to! My permit has been in the system for over 11 weeks, I did not know that L1 would have gotten me the ccw that much faster. Please, tell everyone you know to do L1!

The worst part is, things like this are happening every day, and our right to carry is being stripped away every day we wait needlessly. Glad you guys made it out okay.

deerslayer74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2012
    North East INDIANER!

I have had the same thing happen to me. Except I didn't fill out my race. Sent mine I think July 28th. Got a letter asking to fill out my race which I did then sent it back, I think it was in early Nov. I had excitement when I first sent out my application, and would check the mail hoping it was in. I've since gave up if it comes it comes if not oh well. I still have that 2" Wrench under the truck seat. :):

cintile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    I applied for mine 4 months ago in July. Still has not came in the mail or anything pertaining to it. Not sure what the deal is here?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom