Not open for further replies.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Finally got mine today!!:rockwoot:

I got my 4 year in 2008 via the paper route with no issues. It was set to expire on September 20th, so on September 17 I applied to renew it to a lifetime. I paid the L1 fee and got printed on the 18th then went immediately to the local PD, dropped off paperwork and paid local fee.

Apparently because I have an arrest on my record, and I disclosed it*, my application automatically went into a pile for "further review". I started calling early November and they told me it would likely be at least 2 more weeks. Starting in December I became more persistent in my calls, and last week after calling Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to check the status I was transferred to someone in charge who took on my case personally. He called ME Thursday morning to update me that he was working on verifying the arrest history, but it was more involved than expected due to my charges being dropped. He called back Friday afternoon to tell me that it was all cleared and my LTCH had been printed and would be in the mail on Monday!

*Lesson learned if you were not "convicted", do not disclose the charges on the app, it will severely delay processing time.

IANAL, YMMV.

TL;DR?
    Takes way longer with an arrest even with L1.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Finally got mine today!!:rockwoot:

I got my 4 year in 2008 via the paper route with no issues. It was set to expire on September 20th, so on September 17 I applied to renew it to a lifetime. I paid the L1 fee and got printed on the 18th then went immediately to the local PD, dropped off paperwork and paid local fee.

Apparently because I have an arrest on my record, and I disclosed it*, my application automatically went into a pile for "further review". I started calling early November and they told me it would likely be at least 2 more weeks. Starting in December I became more persistent in my calls, and last week after calling Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to check the status I was transferred to someone in charge who took on my case personally. He called ME Thursday morning to update me that he was working on verifying the arrest history, but it was more involved than expected due to my charges being dropped. He called back Friday afternoon to tell me that it was all cleared and my LTCH had been printed and would be in the mail on Monday!

*Lesson learned if you were not "convicted", do not disclose the charges on the app, it will severely delay processing time.

IANAL, YMMV.

TL;DR?
    Takes way longer with an arrest even with L1.

My money order was cashed September 25th so maybe I should call everyday and give them a hard time. I called on Monday and the nice lady told me they haven't even started on it.

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    I called yesterday.. They were working on 1st or 2nd week of September.. I should hopefully be getting mine in the next two weeks..

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I just went to the PD and got fingerprinted today. He told me anywhere from 2 weeks to 90 days. I would love to get it in 2 weeks, but I won't get my hopes up.
    If you did your fingerprinting at your local PD, you're looking at 12-16 weeks. It may be slightly less if you're renewing.

0750turbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Pittsboro
    Received lifetime today. Completed L1 on 11/14 and county payment/paperwork on 11/15 in Hendricks county. No criminal background (that they know of anyhow). ;)

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    The thing I don't understand us... How this whole process actually works. I was under the impression that all applications are submitted from local PD and sent to the ISP?

If so, when calling the number provided she says the day they are working on. If they are not even working on nov 14th for L1 yet.. How are people receiving their license's ???

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The thing I don't understand us... How this whole process actually works. I was under the impression that all applications are submitted from local PD and sent to the ISP?

If so, when calling the number provided she says the day they are working on. If they are not even working on nov 14th for L1 yet.. How are people receiving their license's ???
    I was under the impression that the date given is for paper applications.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom