• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Also don't forget that they also have the STEAM SHOW going at the same time at the FAIR GROUNDS . It will be crowded. Think you must enter the south gate for the gun show .

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    FYI, I have been in here and seen these guys several times. They're selling a gun for my Father-In-Law on consignment. Great place, especially if you're in the market for anything that is "tacticool".

LonSch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Valparaiso
    I got there at 10. No line. Not many deals at all. Pistol and rifle prices almost normal but no deals. Tons of ammo. Crazy prices. Lots of people buying guns.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I got there at 10. No line. Not many deals at all. Pistol and rifle prices almost normal but no deals. Tons of ammo. Crazy prices. Lots of people buying guns.
    I bought 440 rounds of Federal American Eagle .223 55 Grain FMJBT in a plastic "ammo can" for $175. That's under 40 cents / round. Also picked up a VERY GENTLY USED Benchmade Lum Mini Onslaught w/o box for $75.

Last edited:

LonSch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Valparaiso
    I bought 440 rounds of Federal American Eagle .223 55 Grain FMJBT in a plastic "ammo can" for $175. That's under 40 cents / round. Also picked up a VERY GENTLY USED Benchmade Lum Mini Onslaught w/o box for $75.

I don't know what knifes cost sorry if there were deals on those. While not a bad price for 223 right now deffinetly not a deal. It's starting to show up online for that price and cheaper.

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I found a few decent deals. Picked up some 1938 Nazi vintage 8x56R ammo that normally goes for $20 plus a box online for $13 a box. I also picked up a CMMG LPK for $65.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I don't know what knifes cost sorry if there were deals on those. While not a bad price for 223 right now deffinetly not a deal. It's starting to show up online for that price and cheaper.
    So do you always opine on things you know nothing about? Oh, that's right you're trying desperately to get to 50. Also if you can get American, brass-cased ammo for under 40 cents/round please enlighten me.

LonSch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Valparaiso
    So do you always opine on things you know nothing about? Oh, that's right you're trying desperately to get to 50. Also if you can get American, brass-cased ammo for under 40 cents/round please enlighten me.

I'm sorry. I see that this thread is in the knife forum. I should go to the GENERAL FIREAMRS DISCUSSION section instead. Next time is see 223 for 40 cents a round ill pm you.

By the way if I wanted desperately to get to fifty posts I would just go to one of the many ridiculous threads on here and ask about a wallet over and over again. I wouldn't be 4-5 months in with under fifty post. Thanks to your great attitude I'm one peressious post closer to buying over priced crap. Yeah!!!!!

MML

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    NWI
    I am not sure what people see in this show the prices for ammo and new guns were around the same price or higher than Cabela's or some of the LGS's. Blythe's had an XDS on sale for 550, at the show they were also around that price so why would some fore go paying a little sales tax and buying from a reputable shop vs a gun lying on a table. It was fun to walk around and BS with people but buying new at the show doesn't make sense to me.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    For some of us it's not the new high capacity bang bangs for sale .Its the chance of finding the older gun that someone brings in to sell ,to meet people with like interest and have a good time meeting old friends. It is like hunting YOU don't have to kill something to have a good time and enjoy it .If you are looking just to buy a gun GO to a gun store.
    I am a grip maker and reputable seller I have had people break grips that i made through carelessness and i have replaced then,Most sellers at the shows are as honest as at shops.In fact you might get a better price for your gun that you are selling to a person at the show than at a shop.

Last edited:

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    For some of us it's not the new high capacity bang bangs for sale .Its the chance of finding the older gun that someone brings in to sell ,to meet people with like interest and have a good time meeting old friends. It is like hunting YOU don't have to kill something to have a good time and enjoy it .If you are looking just to buy a gun GO to a gun store.
    I am a grip maker and reputable seller I have had people break grips that i made through carelessness and i have replaced then,Most sellers at the shows are as honest as at shops.In fact you might get a better price for your gun that you are selling to a person at the show than at a shop.

Hallelujah, brother you nailed it! If you are looking for the LATEST and the GREATEST this show may not be for you. But this show produces a HUGE diversity of weapons, both American and otherwise. I have made many friends and found a lot of cool stuff at this show. Some of the nicest pieces in my collection have come from the CP show.

Top Bottom