Crossbreed Supertuck + Gov length 1911 ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    Simple question.
    Does the leather backing extend past the muzzle of a 1911 with 5" bbl on the bottom?

Waiting on a callback from CB, but I'll bet this is quicker.

TIA

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    Followup

The reason for the OP was to determine if Crossbreed misunderstood the instructions I left on their ordering page. I requested that the length of the kydex not exceed the length of an Officer length slide. On the holster I received the leather portion was 1/4" past the end of an Off. Length slide. I was concerned that my instructions were misunderstood, and they cut the leather portion short also, as my Commander length extends past the end of the leather and touches my leg. It's not uncomfortable, but not desirable, if avoidable...hence the purpose of my call and post.

I contacted Crossbreed again Friday AM. The nice Lady on the phone was 99% certain all the leather parts for the 1911s were 1 size and was not cut to specific slide length. When I politely insisted on knowing the 100% answer she gave me the email of the company president. About 3 minutes after the call ended I got a call back from the company president Mark. He assured me that they make 1 size leather piece for the 1911 and with anything longer than an Officer, the leather will be shorter than the muzzle. I opined that was not desirable to me, and He said that it was in the process of being changed.

Conclusions:
    1. The holster, even with the short leather, is very comfortable and concealable. I've only had it for a couple weeks, but if it holds up (I think they have a lifetime guarantee anyway), I would buy another one.

2. It's nice to have the prez call you right back, and clear up any misunderstandings. +1 for CrossBreed customer service.

Top Bottom