• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    Anyone have any problems with coyote around the Zioinsville area and need some help? Better yet, does anyone else hunt them?

Here is a coyote I took last year in the middle of the afternoon in Zionsville near a field. I took him easily with a single round from my Savage 17 HMR. I recetnly got the new Ruger SR 556 that serves as my new coyote gun.
    IMG_0002.jpg

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    Thanks, but I already posted a picture in that thread. I'm trying to find someone in the Zionsville area that would allow me to take care of any pesky coyotes they may have on their property

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Thanks, but I already posted a picture in that thread. I'm trying to find someone in the Zionsville area that would allow me to take care of any pesky coyotes they may have on their property

Ahh - ok. Seems the damned things are really becoming a problem. Last year right here in Lafayette I spotted one. IN TOWN. O_o

As far as Zionsville - you might want to contact Traders Point Creamery. They've got tasty livestock out there, and I'm sure the coyotes know about it too... Heh.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    As far as Zionsville - you might want to contact Traders Point Creamery. They've got tasty livestock out there, and I'm sure the coyotes know about it too... Heh.

Traders Point is an "organic" farm. They will not even use medication to treat their sick animals; I can't imagine they'd be down for bringing in some dude with a gun to shoot coyotes on their property. :dunno:

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Traders Point is an "organic" farm. They will not even use medication to treat their sick animals; I can't imagine they'd be down for bringing in some dude with a gun to shoot coyotes on their property. :dunno:

Eh. You'd be surprised. Coyotes might interfere badly with their operation. Just because someone wants to do things organically doesn't mean they're not into protecting same. :D

Just a suggestion. I'm sure the place is a coyote magnet...

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown

I am not so sure that is the case. It is not the definition of organic any way. I have never seen any sick animals there but I would think they would do something if they had one that did get sick.

Oh and the have the best chocolate milk in the world. :D

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    You had me curious so I gave them a buzz they said at the moment they don't have any problems. In the past they have lost chickens so you might check back with them later in the summer.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Correct. It just means they don't PRE/over-medicate healthy animals with antibiotics "just in case."

When we were there taking the tour, they had a cow that had dislocated its hip. They quarantined it from the rest of the population, but stated they could not pop the joint back into place because it would require first sedating the animal, which they refused to do, preferring to "let nature take its course" as if the animals were "in the wild". My wife and I both thought that was a bit cruel. These aren't wild animals; they are domestic cows specifically bred for their milk and meat, and to be cared for by humans.

My :twocents:, sorry for the threadjack.

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    You had me curious so I gave them a buzz they said at the moment they don't have any problems. In the past they have lost chickens so you might check back with them later in the summer.

Thanks for calling and asking. I had thought about contacting them also. I know someone that has a lama farm just down the road from the creamery. A couple years ago a coyote killed on of their smaller lamas on the farm. I know they are around the area. I just need to find someone with a good hunting location and that needs someone help with their coyote problem.

Top Bottom