• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWATDUDE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    EAST CENTRAL INDIANA
    I am looking for a light of some sort to coyote hunt with. In the past I have hunted in the morning from dawn to about noon. But my wife would be less likely to complain if I went after dark when my family is asleep. I would like opinions and some insight on some name brand lights to use. In the past I have looked at the red lights that mount on your scope, but I am just afraid they would not be bright enough or transmit a beam far enough. I even looked into a laser designator but I am just trying to fiqure out my best option.

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    I like the elusive wildlife kill-lights.

Here's the xrl-250 mounted on my fox rifle and the xrl-100 mounted to an AR forward grip that I use as a scanning light.

The 250 designation means yardage ( the 100 too ) that the light will go and still decently illuminate a target, but you can see eye shine much furthur with them.

These are more pricey than some of the lights and alot of guys are ordering similar lights directly from china, but these come with peace of mind that anything goes wrong it will be fixed by elusive wildlfe technologies pronto.

They are a great company and they are hunters.

The lights also come with choice of color you want, batteries, charger, pressure switch, cap switch and like 3 or 4 different mounts for a variety of rifles or shotties.

I really like mine and would recommend them to any nighttime predator or hog hunter.

IMAG0312.jpg

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

Here's the xrl-250 mounted on my fox rifle and the xrl-100 mounted to an AR forward grip that I use as a scanning light.

The 250 designation means yardage ( the 100 too ) that the light will go and still decently illuminate a target, but you can see eye shine much furthur with them.

These are more pricey than some of the lights and alot of guys are ordering similar lights directly from china, but these come with peace of mind that anything goes wrong it will be fixed by elusive wildlfe technologies pronto.

The lights also come with choice of color you want, batteries, charger, pressure switch, cap switch and like 3 or 4 different mounts for a variety of rifles or shotties.

I really like mine and would recommend them to any nighttime predator or hog hunter.

IMAG0312.jpg

i use the kill light 250 aswell

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Yep, like I said I really like mine.

Think I'm going to order the green LED's for both.

I have the red in both now, but want to try the green.

Aging eyes, ya know.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Yep, like I said I really like mine.

Think I'm going to order the green LED's for both.

I have the red in both now, but want to try the green.

Aging eyes, ya know.

if you get a green do a thread with what you think, i was thinking of doing the same thing but ill wait till i hear what you think and save my money:D

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    if you get a green do a thread with what you think, i was thinking of doing the same thing but ill wait till i hear what you think and save my money:D

I sure will. No prob.

I did talk to one of the guys at EWT and he was saying the hog hunters in Texas and the south love the green lights while the northern pred hunters tend to use the red.

The pred guys I know that use the green say that the green seems brighter and illuminates into scrub or woods better.

As long as it doesn't spook preds I'm all for that. :yesway:

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    How long have you all had them and how have they held up? Switch reliability, weatherproofing, etc.

The lights I have one rifles are all incandescent and I need to upgrade.

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Mine are on it's second season with absolutley no probs whatsoever.

I hunted deep snow last year in NY and had no troubles.

The lights are fully sealed with o-rings to keep moisture out.

I don't hunt in the rain so I have never really tortured tested them to find out just what will make them fail.

Even if something does go " kaput" EWT will get it fixed ASAP!

They are known for their exceptional customer service.

If you call them talk to Chad. Great guy!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    How long have you all had them and how have they held up? Switch reliability, weatherproofing, etc.

The lights I have one rifles are all incandescent and I need to upgrade.

ive had mine for just less than a year not real long but not real short. batterys hold up nicely, no reliability issues what so ever so far, but ive got mine on a 22 so i cant vouch for it with lots of recoil. it feels solid enough to take it but :dunno:.

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Good deal.

I suggest two if you can swing it.

One for scanning and one for killing.

Scanning with the gun light gets tiring and not a good idea to be swinging a riflle around more than need be.

HK_bach_HK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I was using a cheap sportsman guide light the last time I went out at night. It has the option to change from white, red, blue, or green and I would say that I could see better with the green than with the red.

SWATDUDE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    EAST CENTRAL INDIANA

IMAG0312.jpg

Thank you sooo much, I will look at their website once I'm done here. I'll definitely buy American products. I just remember seeing these huge lights that you either had to hold by hand or a really large one that mounted to the top of your rifle. But thanks again to all the responses, I really appreciate it.

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Thank you sooo much, I will look at their website once I'm done here. I'll definitely buy American products. I just remember seeing these huge lights that you either had to hold by hand or a really large one that mounted to the top of your rifle. But thanks again to all the responses, I really appreciate it.

Well, unfortunately the parts for these come from china, but they are assembeled here in the US.

I don't know of any US companies making high output LED night hunting lights. Wish I did.

Even the reknown Lightforce brand hunting lights are made In Australia.

To each his own though and not really given a choice, I went with the lesser of two evils because I definately needed a light system.

Good luck with whatever system you go with. :yesway:

Top Bottom