• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    " if they think there could be people under 21 drinking alcohol" ?? You don't think this will be abused do you? Sounds like a pretty easy excuse to kick in a door.

Last edited:

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I think at this point it's fair to say that our 4th Amendment protections have been rescinded.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You read enough of this and some of you will start to see why I don't believe in prohibition of drugs or alcohol, and don't believe in police-enforced age limits that nobody follows. These are the stepping stones towards building tyranny that we are seeing.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    I wonder what would happen if they broke down the wrong door and were shot. Ya think that homeowner would get fair treatment, another reason to hate "no knock warrants"

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    I've used my last 5 posts to defend my fellow (law-abiding) officers on this forum. This is a clear violation of the boundaries set forth in the Constitution though. As a LEO, I would not kick in a door of a residence without a warrant unless someone's life was in immediate danger. When Obama took office, there were rumors going around that new laws would be passed that would require officers to go door-to-door and collect all firearms. I would have refused to follow those orders and would have been fired for them if it came true. Same situation here. I would not use this ordinance to gain access to a residence, and would do everything within my power to make sure I was not in the area when someone else decided to.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I've used my last 5 posts to defend my fellow (law-abiding) officers on this forum. This is a clear violation of the boundaries set forth in the Constitution though. As a LEO, I would not kick in a door of a residence without a warrant unless someone's life was in immediate danger. When Obama took office, there were rumors going around that new laws would be passed that would require officers to go door-to-door and collect all firearms. I would have refused to follow those orders and would have been fired for them if it came true. Same situation here. I would not use this ordinance to gain access to a residence, and would do everything within my power to make sure I was not in the area when someone else decided to.

I am sorry to hear that.

Law-abiding officers like yourself should want be there, to arrest any corrupt officers who dared commit such an act for B&E.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The problem is that if they kick in your door without a warrant, they are the criminals. But as soon as you try to defend yourself, you are now the criminal and those doing the illegal search will now have the law behind them. Even if the got the wrong house and you weren't the right target.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The problem is that if they kick in your door without a warrant, they are the criminals. But as soon as you try to defend yourself, you are now the criminal and those doing the illegal search will now have the law behind them. Even if the got the wrong house and you weren't the right target.

Whatever happens later, happens later. It won't save anybody at that moment.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Whatever happens later, happens later. It won't save anybody at that moment.

No but you can rest assured that if you fight back and defend yourself against an illegal entry, every single LEO within that area will descend on your house to wage war against you. At the moment, they aren't going to care that there brethren are in the wrong, they will be there to eliminate the threat against them. If you survive the war, you just might get off in court. Although I think Randy Weaver's aquital was an exception rather than the rule.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    No but you can rest assured that if you fight back and defend yourself against an illegal entry, every single LEO within that area will descend on your house to wage war against you. At the moment, they aren't going to care that there brethren are in the wrong, they will be there to eliminate the threat against them. If you survive the war, you just might get off in court. Although I think Randy Weaver's aquital was an exception rather than the rule.

I know. I'm well aware of that, and well aware of the odds of my survival. I accept those odds.

But that still won't change anything at that moment.

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    As a cop, I would not want to risk getting shot or hurt because I think there might be under 21 drinking going on. This law is ridiculous. I'll be surprised if the state courts don't rightfully shoot it down.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The government wins when they have people giving up their rights by thinking "WHAT IF" when they defend themselves, in their home, on their property while having done nothing wrong. What kind of freedom do we have if we think - "Ot oh, I better not shoot at that unidentified threat that just kicked in my front door because they might be a cop!"? OR If I'm a cop, do I really want to risk the DEFENSIVE consequences that might result of me kicking in a front door just because some kids MIGHT be drinking IN THEIR OWN HOME? This might be one of the most idiotic proposals ever, risking bad consequences on BOTH sides!

Now is a good time to have/start working on a proper mindset!

Last edited:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I see it an yet another example of trying to take away officer discretion in favor of some hard and fast "zero tolerance" rule. Zero tolerance means zero thought. Noise complaints come in all shapes and sizes. Is this a couple of guys at home on Saturday night with their video game turned up too loud or is it a party with 500 people trying to cram into a two bedroom apartment on a Tuesday morning? A knock on the door, good common sense and a conversation will solve 99.9% of all of this type of situations without booting any doors down or writing any citations. For the small minority of truly out of control situations there are plenty of other laws on the books already that can be used to reign in the situation.

Top Bottom