• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've replaced several of these for friends/family, very simple. Many are the standard Whirlpool design, not sure about Samsung though, they like to be different for everything :xmad:
    There are LG and Samsung ice makers on Amazon, but they are more expensive and look more complicated.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Ok so 3 months out of extended warranty the ice makers on our LG Refrigerator have stopped working for the 3 rd time. Too bad too sad . So needless to say not real happy with LG I mean why should a expensive refrigerator last longer than 3 years?

unfortunately we use a fair bit of ice, so I am not going to chunk out the cash for a new refrigerator just because of the ice makers not working. So we are looking at a on counter ice maker, anyone use one good bad or indifferent?

thanks
    So having had similar issues before and researching it, several appliance repair sites have stated that nowadays the ice maker is considered its own entity with an average five year life expectancy. In other words with the crap they now sell us we must buy a new ice maker about every five years.

It sucks but my counter space, coupled with the cost of a portable ice maker lead me to the conclusion that replacing the ice maker is the best thing for me.

Heve you reached out to LG? Is it the same problem that they tried to fix twice before?

nmeyers11007

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2021
    I have an Igloo brand countertop icemaker. No complants after 3 or 4 months. Makes a ton of ice in a hurry. We purchased a new fridge last year and the ice maker in it is ridiculously slow so we got the countertop unit. Overall it has been worth the investment.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I will never own a Samsung appliance again in my life. Had W/D and Fridge, they were all 3 replaced with Maytag/Whirlpool.
    Several years ago when we were renovating our kitchen, we needed a new suite of appliances. This was back a year or so before HH Gregg went T.U.

In talking with more than 1 salesman at more than 1 appliance store, the Samsung and LG appliances led the way in their returns for defective parts / not working.

Now - was this because of their higher price / price bracket? As in - if I"m paying $4k for a fridge, NOTHING had go wrong with it what so ever....where as a $1.5k fridge having something go wrong is "livable"? I dunno. I choose to believe that they're just not as good as some other brands.

We went with GE appliances. And then had to have our fridge repaired twice...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom