• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Just a last bump for anyone that missed it. 7:00 tonight. You can park in the lot just East of the City-County building.

You will have to go through metal detectors and scanners to get in. Lock any weapons in your car. You should give yourself at least 15 minutes to get through security, although it depends on how many people are also arriving for other things. I've never taken longer than 15 minutes to get in.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    For us "Non-indy" folks what the heck is the water works/canal?
    Some type of city atraction in your strange city?
    Strange city becuase it seems like Indy is ANTI-GUN from the post I read here.
    nNot sure but that is the vibe I get.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    While I'm not entirely happy with that decision, it is progress.

Despite the gloom and doom over Obama's election, his various appointments, and the gains in House and Senate by the Democrats, we (as gun owners) keep winning, even if only small victories, in a number of areas.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    It was nice to meet and speak with Mike Speedy. Now I can put a face with the name, and he seems to be a great guy.

BTW, did anyone else notice the odd looks as we got up to leave the assembly room? Even though Councilor Speedy didn't recognize us during the meeting (he didn't realize there were more than a few of us until afterward), I definitely noticed a few looks that said, "Oh, these people are all here for that gun thing?"

I'm curious. Who else from here attended? I had to bolt out of there to come home and take care of my dogs. Maybe next time, we should all hit a nearby watering hole afterward.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    did you get to show / voice support in any way?
    how did they know you were there for "the gun thing"?

We weren't able to voice our support. Mike Speedy didn't know until afterward that there were 15-20 of us there, or he would have recognized us before the council. (The proposal was not up for public comment, if memory serves.)

I think people knew by when we exited that we were there for that issue; but they wouldn't necessarily have known which side we were on.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    It isn't at all uncommon for the left to reslate a proposal @ the last minute, especially when they realize that there is overwhelming support/opposition to it. This happened last year w/ Ms. Mansfield attempted to make shooting illegal in the whole county. It was kind of ammusing @ the one meeting. As soon as that issue was dealt with, 90% of the people in the gallery got up & left!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So what was the final vote count? Also those that voted against PRO-GUN do we know how they are so they can be voted out during the next election.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Yes, vote was 22 Pro and 4 Against. I think everyone leaving at once at lease sent a message. It was 2 hours out of my night, but worth while. If you don't participate in the process, you don't have a right to say jack about it. That is my opinion anyway.

Final result is that the part of Geist in Marion Co has the same rights as that outside. You can practice your rights with the LTCH on all of Geist.

fire1035

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Sorry I couldn't be there. I was at the firehouse yesterday. Good to hear the outcome. That being said I couldn't have told you we weren't allowed to have a firearm on the canal. I guess I'm a rule breaker.

ian2000gsxr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    Mooresville
    It was interesting to see the process in action. First time I had ever been to a council meeting. Yes, it was 22 yes, 4 no. I believe Ms. Mansfield was one of the No's..can't remember who the other three were.

The next step should be to get carry allowed on the canal. As was said it makes no sense for it to be legal on one piece of concrete and then a few feet away illegal on another.

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It was interesting to see the process in action. First time I had ever been to a council meeting. Yes, it was 22 yes, 4 no. I believe Ms. Mansfield was one of the No's..can't remember who the other three were.

The next step should be to get carry allowed on the canal. As was said it makes no sense for it to be legal on one piece of concrete and then a few feet away illegal on another.

I was happy to meet IndyJoe and ian200gsxr. Mansfield was a yes vote. I paid attention to hers since I haven't seen her in probably 8 years and I knew she was an original no vote.

Top Bottom