Could a stalled Congress be a blessing in disguise???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Lotta folks are fussing about this, but we cant fix anything by supporting the same 'ol :poop:.

giphy.gif

:rockwoot:

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    The way I see it. We have a lot of homeless Vets, an open border while being invaded by as the Dems see it, potential Dem voters. Our house is a mess. We need to clean our house (pun intended) before we give money to other countries money to mess up theirs. If the republican party can rid themselves of all the commies, The better.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    That's why our government was set up the way it was. It's supposed to be very hard to get laws passed. Of course once the omnibus bills started being written it was a slippery slope.

I think this will wind up being a negative in the short term. Gaetz is a self promoting idiot. Democrats will wind up getting more control than they had. I try not to assume malice when stupidity is an alternative explanation. But congress is seemingly full of both stupidity and corruption.

midwestmobster

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2023
    Indianapolis
    What happens to social security payments to seniors if this happens? My heart hurts for Ukraine as my father is from a country called Latvia and they dealt with bread lines (the bread always ran out before the line was over), all important jobs in and out of politics going to Russians instead of the inhabitants of whatever country (Latvia and Ukraine in this case) but Latvia and the other Baltic countries joined NATO (1 of 3 choices presented to PAST-USSR countries, join NATO, join the Russian Pact (kinda like NATO but Russian, or remain neutral. Ukraine remained neutral, sad but every choice has consequences. I say let's focus on the USA first, NATO second, and give our sympathies and potentially allow refugees from non-aggressively countries like Ukraine and Israel. Typically people coming from countries like that integrate better than those coming from other countries.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    The government shuts down at 4pm every Friday and reopens 64 hours later at 8 am on Monday.
    Congress schedules "recess" for weeks at a time.
    Neither is a big deal.
    A continuing resolution is now in place because 535 elected congressmen can't come up with a budget, even though every state they hail from manages to meet their budget deadline every year, as well as most normal citizens.

Crippling ineptitude...

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Everything in govt needs to be cut. Even the DOD. Make them actually be accountable for the money the spend. The whole system of of spend every dollar in sept so they get the same or bigger budget in the next Fy is ridiculous. Just irritating that its always the govt and the govt employees who don't lose on money. They're all getting cost of living adjustments and never worry about losing pay checks. Even in shutdowns they get back pay and don't have to make up for the time they missed. To hell paying for Ukraine and Israel. Israel is a alli but doesn't mean we have have to give them stuff. We can sell it to them at cost. And Ukraine can buy it at market value

Top Bottom