• ...and so much more!
  • indydave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    camby
    Folks,

these are waterproof, shock proof and cased in a metal oring-ed case, considering a 1TB one for copies of birth certificates, DL, passports insurance policies
    titles and ownership papers, deeds. family medical records and geneology stuff and wills. Now realizing that this would have to be a family secret of it`s storage Location.
    but if neccessary we could verify stuff with it. opsec being mandatory even if we leave in a rush

thoughts?

indydave

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I have one right now. It's loaded with the information needed in an evacuation. I think the likelihood of that happening is very low but it didn't take long to set up. My wife carried one daily back and forth to her business. It held up well.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    IT pro here that is VERY forgetful. Just ask Mrs. Monkey how many times she has found thumb drives in the dryer. She will tell you she lost count over the past 20 years. And ya know what? I cant recall a single one that failed because of it. So don't overthink it.

ANY name brand thumb drive will do that job. They are FAR more durable than you realize. As long as they are not energized while wet, they'll be fine.

But for safety, put two copies of the drives in each go bag, and put them in a shielded faraday bag.

In mine and my wife's go bag I have two drives of each with the comprehensive copies of everything, and a hard copy of the important in the moment stuff (birth certs, ID copies, etc) in a 4 mil zip bag in case it gets so bad even a thumb drive is useless.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    IT pro here that is VERY forgetful. Just ask Mrs. Monkey how many times she has found thumb drives in the dryer. She will tell you she lost count over the past 20 years. And ya know what? I cant recall a single one that failed because of it. So don't overthink it.

ANY name brand thumb drive will do that job. They are FAR more durable than you realize. As long as they are not energized while wet, they'll be fine.

But for safety, put two copies of the drives in each go bag, and put them in a shielded faraday bag.

In mine and my wife's go bag I have two drives of each with the comprehensive copies of everything, and a hard copy of the important in the moment stuff (birth certs, ID copies, etc) in a 4 mil zip bag in case it gets so bad even a thumb drive is useless.
    Hoping we never get there, but thinking about EOTWAWKI, how much ammo you can carry and how well you can use it is probably gonna be most important. Or how well you are prepared to defend your preps from marauders. But I can see wanting to have your important records available. In case society reconstitutes while we're still alive.

Top Bottom