Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok, can we agree that no marketers get any of our homemade ventilators? And we'll consider turning the oxygen ​up to half rate for the accountants if they promise to lobby for a simpler tax code? I can feel the power coming in to me!
    Okay. Be sure it’s not just gas though. I mean, sometimes I feel the power coming into me. But then it sort of turns into a feeling of pressure. Then. Well. You know. But that can be power. I unleashed some power in the Truck yesterday and my wife wanted me to pull over and let her out.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Not enough vents in the USA? Not sure about that. I believe there are enough and I also believe the manufacturers of many small (basic) vents could produce many quickly. As I stated before, I believe we have the equipment but would question where and how we could use them and if we had the manpower to properly manage them.

Perhaps I should have worded that differently. There are not enough vents in the USA to deal with a major respiratory pandemic event. It is not at all unusual for hospitals to hit 100 percent vent usage during flu season and have to rent additional vents if they are available. There are enough vents to cover normal treatment of patients just that the usage rate can be extremely high and even surpass 100% during normal flu season if you consider outside rentals.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Okay. Be sure it’s not just gas though. I mean, sometimes I feel the power coming into me. But then it sort of turns into a feeling of pressure. Then. Well. You know. But that can be power. I unleashed some power in the Truck yesterday and my wife wanted me to pull over and let her out.
    It's great for shopping. Just walk up to her and say "its time to move along now".

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    For the ignorant among us, what's the difference between a scuba regulator and a respirator other than intubation?

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    FYI this was posted on Facebook.

A member of the Beech Grove Moose has tested positive for the Covid-19 virus, this from a family member. She is on life support. If you have been in contact with Birdie at the Moose in the past 2-3 weeks you are encouraged to self quarantine and watch for symptoms. She was also at Nite Owls on Feb 29th and March 1st. Pray for Birdie Roberta Shelton and everyone else.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    For the ignorant among us, what's the difference between a scuba regulator and a respirator other than intubation?

I am pretty sure you are using respirator as a synonym for ventilator.

Without writing a book the vent breathes for the patient with an inspiratory and expiratory phase. It is connected to a virtually unlimited supply of medical air and Oxygen. The vent is also equipped with many safety features and backup power. I cant speak to actually treating a patient with one as I am not a Respiratory Therapist. Setting one up correctly for a patient is somewhat complicated. In an emergency I suppose a lot of the features could be eliminated or reduced but that would take some serious research

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    Check out the new updated symptoms from the CDC.
    ETCpuXJUcAASLDD

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom