• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    That video had an agenda. I approve. The day those lousy flyboys with stars on their shoulders decide to retire the A-10 is the day I will find a new MOS. Those caviar eating pricks know nothing about, nor care anything for what it means to be a grunt. So they can either shove their pretty little F-35 where the sun don't shine, or find a new way to fight a war that doesn't involve having an 11,12,13,18 or 19 series soldier taking effective incoming fire from a superior position.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    My dealership sits right behind the Air Guard base here in Fort Wayne. About three times a week the A-10s come right down over the building so low you can see the color of the pilots eyes. I never get tired of watching them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    all-pimped-out-warthogs-like-to-feel-special-too-demotivational-poster-1273765471.jpg

AirForceLogic.jpg

3.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You know, I'll be the first to admit, I don't have firsthand experience, I'm not an expert.
    I was a submariner.

But I do know
    The pilots say it's still viable.
    The troops say it's still viable.
    People have studied the effects on troop morale, and said it gives a ginormous benefit to morale and effectiveness.

So, what's the frikkin problem?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Cool. With having a son in the Air Force, it's nice to see stuff like this. They get a lot of crap from other branches, but even the other branches are glad to have them by their sides at times.

My son is a proud Airman and even though he doesn't work with aircraft, he knows that when he is needed, he will be appreciated for what he brings to the party.

Thanks for posting! I think I'll go ahead and order the book None Braver which has been in my Amazon wishlist for awhile.:)

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was at Purdue twice when the A-10's were there. I was really impressed at how well they manuver at slower speed, and how quiet they were at the same time. I know they change those manors when they are pushed at full throttle. It is an impressive aircraft, and by others accounts, a very usable fighting tool.

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    You know, I'll be the first to admit, I don't have firsthand experience, I'm not an expert.
    I was a submariner.

But I do know
    The pilots say it's still viable.
    The troops say it's still viable.
    People have studied the effects on troop morale, and said it gives a ginormous benefit to morale and effectiveness.

So, what's the frikkin problem?

Same problem we have a lot of other places. People at the top "know best" and make choices we don't understand due to the fact they usually don't affect them.

I would like to add how cool I do think the A10's are though also!

Top Bottom