Converting AT&T Iphone 4S into a Pre Paid Phone?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Had several say it can be done with the right SIM card and the $60 smartphone deal from AT&T...is this true and has/is anyone using the Iphone with a prepaid plan?

Legba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I went with NET10 $50 a month unlimited plan with my iphone. it's an older iphone. You pay $15 for the sim card. It came with 2 cards one for the iphone/AT&T and another for a different kind of phone. Then I got the $50 a month unlimited card. It walks you through the set up process. You can transfer your old number also. The coverage is just as good. Well worth it IMO.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I had Net 10 on mine till they ended the unlimited web access. Had it unlocked for $25 and went with T Mobil. Once it's unlocked,you're free to choose a carrier.

econnell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Howard Co IN
    My son took his 4S and got pre-paid through Walmart after he was out if AT&T for unlimited 45$ a month...they run off AT&T towers...I'll try to ask how and what he had to do.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    i dont know how it works with the i phone, i think it has the same sim cards as other att phones but yesterday i got my new phone activated so i gave my old phone (android) to my wife who has an ancient gophone and just switched sim cards and for the time being shut off the 3g on the phone so it dont try to use a service she dont have. didnt require any activation or anything. works fine. now she has a smart phone as a gophone but only wifi until she decides to purhase data which gophone DOES offer.

so in short, if you already have a sim card set up with a gophone number and it fits in that phone, just put it in, dont even have to notify att. but if you dont, im sure att will give you one, possibly for free if you go to the correct store. (some stores are privately owned)

Top Bottom