• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indianaarsenal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    valparaiso IN
    there were a 4-5 of these at indy about 3-4 years ago, in the 1800-2300 range. these are 100% ok to have.. the sear hole is welded up first and the receiver was rewelded second. there are more then a few of these around, I was told several 100. but the price is a little high, I would refinish the lower to make it have more curb appeal. they are bringing less then $3000 when the sell. there are much better options for a retro ar-10 these days. and use cheaper mags

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    I acquired the lower receiver apart from the rifle and will have it refinished to match a nice upper. I would very much like to find a Hahn reweld of a Sudanese AR10 lower receiver.

There is plenty of disagreement on whether rewelds are legal. This one was done about 30 years ago and can be proved so because it bears the number and stamp given by Hahn. One thing is sure: the standard for destruction have changed over the years and the reweld had to be done using a "destroyed" lower receiver.

indianaarsenal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    valparaiso IN
    I do not understand all the concern. what is the difference between this reweld and a m14 reweld, or a bren reweld, or an rpd reweld, or one of the many others that have been "approved" over the years. just as long as it was demilled to the standards of the time then all is good. I have had several long discussions with my examiner on this. just as long as at no time during the reweld process can full auto parts be put in the gun then you are ok.

so in this case
    step 1 reweld the sear hole
    step 2 weld the two halves
    etc
    etc

the rules with the ATF are pretty clear on this subject.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Everybody worries about this kind of stuff. I saw a similar Hahn at knob creek three or four years ago for $3500. Wish I would have bought it.
    If it's a Hahn I wouldn't worry about it. He followed the procedures of his time and never heard of anyone getting any grief over it. MkS's M14 Recievers are another story though.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Not an NFA expert by any measure but I do know the rules have changed over the the past
    68 years. I have read that it was once legal to demill by pouring the barrel full of lead.
    Changed when crooks started replacing barrels with new.
    Can't see the advantage of a semi with a reweld unless new recievers were unavailable.

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    My rewelded AR10 is a Hahn and it bears his stamp and his serial number. That should be proof enough to the ATF that it is not a fresh reweld using an improperly demilled lower. The thing is straight as can be.

The beauty of the genuine Dutch lower was never captured by any of the American made lower receivers. I have a Telko lower and a Specialty Arms lower and I would easily trade either for another nice Hahn reweld.

Last edited:

indianaarsenal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    valparaiso IN
    The Hahn rewelds are very very nice. From what I had read long ago the semi guns were easier to sell the the FA guns. This is why he welded up the auto sear holes. There are more then a few of these that were converted back to FA by individuals Prior to the 1986 ban.

As for the MK arms m14 receivers.. My last ATFE inspection/ meeting they had me cut the legs off and all was good. From what I gathered what he was telling me the leg is what they had the issue with..

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I do not understand all the concern. what is the difference between this reweld and a m14 reweld, or a bren reweld, or an rpd reweld, or one of the many others that have been "approved" over the years. just as long as it was demilled to the standards of the time then all is good. I have had several long discussions with my examiner on this. just as long as at no time during the reweld process can full auto parts be put in the gun then you are ok.

so in this case
    step 1 reweld the sear hole
    step 2 weld the two halves
    etc
    etc

the rules with the ATF are pretty clear on this subject.

You'll find alot of people here that havnt done the research , & have no idea what they are talking about it:welcome:

indianaarsenal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    valparaiso IN
    Most people do not realize that most of the tallented innovaters in the gun field did just what they could to make money. Also, most people do not realize that back then, there were almost ZERO ar-15 receiver makers outside the military as well as most other items. Mainly due to the cost of the manchinery and time in machining them.

look how long it took for the semi conversion craze to take hold.. Now, you can just about buy anything in semi, m2hb, mag 58 , m249 etc etc

Top Bottom