• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Here's the language:

“Shall the Constitution of the State of Indiana be amended by adding a Section 39 to Article 1 to provide that the right to hunt, fish, and harvest wildlife shall be forever preserved for the public good, subject only to the laws prescribed by the General Assembly and rules prescribed by virtue of the authority of the General Assembly to:

(1) promote wildlife conservation and management; and
    (2) preserve the future of hunting and fishing?"

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Hmmmm. Not sure how I feel about this. While I see the obvious positive side to this and my initial reaction is a "yes", the downside I can see is that a habitual poacher who's privileges have been revoked basically get a free reinstatement of those "rights."
    A "newer poacher", still with hunting privileges, that keeps things legal "sometimes", now has nothing to fear except fines and maybe a brief stint in the pokey. (IANAL) The pokey may not even be a sentence for poaching. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Hmmmm. Not sure how I feel about this. While I see the obvious positive side to this and my initial reaction is a "yes", the downside I can see is that a habitual poacher who's privileges have been revoked basically get a free reinstatement of those "rights."
    A "newer poacher", still with hunting privileges, that keeps things legal "sometimes", now has nothing to fear except fines and maybe a brief stint in the pokey. (IANAL) The pokey may not even be a sentence for poaching. :dunno:

Other states that have this same constitutional right have had no difficulty. As with other constitutional rights, you give them up by breaking the law.

Top Bottom