• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    Being new to IN, I’m trying to find a good newspaper around Indy / Bloomington area.

So far the only one I can find is the Indy Star and Indy Recorder, both of which are too left-of-center for me. The local Bloomington and Bedford ones look just like Indy Star copies, with a sprinkling of local stories.

Are there any right-of-center or “unbiased” newspapers left? Where does one get the local news?
    Thank you!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I get the local paper. Yes it has a bunch of leftist pablum in it. But there is a lot of local news that you just won’t get anywhere else. If you just want the highlights you can usually get it from one of the local tv stations or radio.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Being new to IN, I’m trying to find a good newspaper around Indy / Bloomington area.

So far the only one I can find is the Indy Star and Indy Recorder, both of which are too left-of-center for me. The local Bloomington and Bedford ones look just like Indy Star copies, with a sprinkling of local stories.

Are there any right-of-center or “unbiased” newspapers left? Where does one get the local news?
    Thank you!
    Try Googling "(insert name of town) indiana newspaper". There's still a few out there that aren't poisoned by Gannett ownership. The Reporter-Times in Martinsville is still independent, I think.

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    Try Googling "(insert name of town) indiana newspaper". There's still a few out there that aren't poisoned by Gannett ownership. The Reporter-Times in Martinsville is still independent, I think.
    That’s exactly what I was doing. But this being Google... the top results were links to Indy Star, and all the local ones were its clones. From other replies, it looks like Ganett brough out all the local ones, and cut the costs by just re-vomiting the Star.

Top Bottom