• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I prefer to buy local even if I have to pay a little more , i am not talking a big box store I like the little guys that know my name ,has anybody been to a new store on south side off 37 called guns and ammo ?
    That's US Defense Solutions (USDS that people have been referring to above). Their sign just says "Guns and Ammo"... :) Great little shop too!

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've spent a little more on accessories and ammo to support my favorite local shops. But also because I don't have to wait a few days to have something I need or want right now. For me USDS is my absolute favorite hands down but I also like BGF because of the range and they are friendly. Accessory prices at bgf, not so much a fan.
    i don't really buy new guns just because I can save hundreds buying used on ingo. But I have found deals at USDS every time I've been in there, just didn't have the extra cash with the other items I was buying. And I ALWAYS buy when I'm there. The environment is friendly and knowledgable people are there. Always a good deal to be found! And they carry the specialty accessories I buy and are always willing to order anything. I don't blame them for charging tax because well they have to! Also they offer $15 transfers!!! Beat that!
    Also the AR -15 trigger jobs Mike offers can't be beat, and Charlie does an awesome job on the glocks! But mostly I enjoy the conversation with other gun guys and a sense of humor.

Sure I buy online too but only when it's a stupid good deal. By the time you pay shipping on normal priced stuff you could have walked out of USDS for cheaper because they price very well! It's the best shop I've found in all the years I've been a gun owner.

Thanks man!

I prefer to buy local even if I have to pay a little more , i am not talking a big box store I like the little guys that know my name ,has anybody been to a new store on south side off 37 called guns and ammo ?

That is us, come in and see us some time.

nellans57

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2013
    Argos
    Interesting debate, similar to shopping at any local store compared to the big box stores and/or internet. If you want knowledge and the opportunity to actually handle a weapon to determine its ergonomics and suitability for your purchase, the LGS is invaluable. If you know exactly what you want and are just shopping price, the LGS can't compete. Keep in mind that every time you purchase elsewhere decreases the likelihood that the LGS will be in business the next time you need them. I'm as cost-conscious as the next guy, but service is worth something to me.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I fully expect a government mandate on collecting sales tax at time of online purchase within the next year. When the people become bold enough to openly claim they buy online and out of state to avoid sales tax, it is only a matter of time till the .gov finds a way to get there money.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I fully expect a government mandate on collecting sales tax at time of online purchase within the next year. When the people become bold enough to openly claim they buy online and out of state to avoid sales tax, it is only a matter of time till the .gov finds a way to get OUR money.

Fixed it for you.

I wouldnt mind sales tax if we weren't charged income tax too. ONE OR THE OTHER is fine, IMO, but BOTH is unacceptable, and frivolous.

96ramair

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Delphi
    Buying from a gun shop is like buying tools from a tool truck.. you are paying a little more for a service.. Most shops can't compete with guys with there ffl selling out of their basement.. they have no over head.. If you buy a gun online they will offer no support at all.. must lgs will do everything they can to help you. So in my book its worth the 20-50 more to buy from them..

stevee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2013
    Avon
    The LGS beat the best prices I could find online and at big box stores. They had to order the items for me, but we both come out ahead.

BtG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    west central
    I would have to say yes. Number 6 is a big one to me. I'm a young guy and the old gun shop guys talk to me like I'm an idiot. :xmad: It pisses me off to no end. About a year ago I purchased a crate (20 rifles) of M91/30's. I went down to the LG which is three blocks from my house to see about getting my transfers done there. I asked if they would do a discount for multiple guns and I was told "we only do single gun transfers. Meaning you have to fill out multiple forms, undergo multiple background checks, and have multiple charges." (That would have been a $500 transfer fee!) I knew better than that and walked out the door. I ended up going out of state to a small shop in the peoples republic of Illinois. The LG and another guy ended up buying a crate and we split the shipping. He ended up charging me $17 for the transfer fee..... So I guess I should be thanking my LG because he ended up saving me about $600.

nebulous

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I hope that those who are frustrated by their LGS just have not found the right one yet. I have had good luck over the years with Bradis in Camby, and now I am enjoying Premier Arms in Brownsburg. I have had very bad experiences at Plainfield Shooting Supplies and I will never go there again.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I rarely buy new, and rarely walk into LGS. I buy and sell in the private sector. I have gotten some decent deals on firearms that are "like new" for less than retail and no sales tax to pay.
    Paying Tax in general *****s me off.
    The Revolution was fought over a 2% tax increase on tea. When will we step up as a country? And stop paying higher taxes than what we need to? Our country is grossly mismanaged.
    Sorry for the rant/thread jack. Just a hot button with me.

I agree with this.

I get taxed so much that I essentially work for free for more than 4 months per year. I get taxed at over 30% when I make money and then get taxed 7% when I spend my money.

If those numbers aren't a wake up call, I don't know what is.

Top Bottom