• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Looks like the Dems and their lapdog media are now connecting constitutional carry with little kids bringing guns to school.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Maybe they ought to drag out those metal detectors the state jumped through their ***es to get them after that school shooting up north. Remember, that was going to prevent kids from doing just this.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Kids are being bullied in school. They are very scared. They will do anything to keep from being bullied. I was bullied in junior high. By the time I got to high school I was more athletic and could take care of myself, but the memories of the bullies persisted. These days a school's staff doesn't do anything to stop bullying because they need their jobs to feed their families and so the bullies run amuck.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    I know that it is for different reasons now.
    Over the years I have seen several postings in the public comment section of gun magazine about life in the country in times past. The posters would state they would often take their .22 or shotgun to school and leave it in the back of class or in the cloakroom. While they were walking back home, they would shoot a squirrel or rabbit for dinner.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Kids are being bullied in school. They are very scared. They will do anything to keep from being bullied. I was bullied in junior high. By the time I got to high school I was more athletic and could take care of myself, but the memories of the bullies persisted. These days a school's staff doesn't do anything to stop bullying because they need their jobs to feed their families and so the bullies run amuck.
    Also, if a child has the nerve to stand up to a bully, they will get in trouble. Zero tolerance!

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    You know, since an adult carrying a hand gun is no longer a criminal offense, it makes sense that the number of confiscations from adults would drop .

Is the frequency of juvenile confiscations increasing? Or just the percentage?

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    You know, since an adult carrying a hand gun is no longer a criminal offense, it makes sense that the number of confiscations from adults would drop .

Reason has absolutely no place in this argument. Feelings only.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Probably the reporting.

I have told the story numerous times.... I grew up in South Texas.... In (I think) 1979 or so, a girl of 11 was walking home from a friend's house. She never made it there. Young Heidi Seeman disappeared that day, and a manhunt started for her. Shortly thereafter, a girl of 8 or so named Erica Botello also disappeared. Both girls' bodies were found about a month later, decomposing. It was very sad, obviously, but then we noticed that we were hearing about missing kids EVERY night on the news! "What is going on," we asked, "Why are so many children being abducted all of a sudden?!"

The next year, when the FBI stats came out, we found out that there were FEWER children abducted that year, it's just that all of a sudden, the news was reporting ALL of them.

Winston Churchill said there is no such thing as public opinion, there is only published opinion. Be very aware that the news media has the ability to shape your perception and change your view, unless you are constantly on-guard against them doing so.

Blessings,
    Bill

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I truly believe that there is zero excuse for a child to be able to lay their hands on a firearm without adult supervision in this day and age. As an adult a person is responsible for control over that gun at all times. Things are sadly different now. When I was a kid on our ranch I had my shotgun, rifle and .22 revolver hanging on my bedroom wall.
    I was given full responsibility over their use at 9 years old. When friends of my age were over I didn’t worry as the guns were locked into the rack. I was still just a kid in most ways but I would never have thought about doing something stupid with a gun… I knew what could and would happen.
    We didn’t have social media… bullies got punched… parents shared information and weren’t afraid to whoop the neighbors kids arse and then call up their parents and let them know. Usually resulting in another arse whooping when they got home.
    Now days all these little narcissistic snowflakes who grew up seeing violence with no consequences think
    it’s no big deal to take a gun out of the house to make a point.
    It doesn’t have to be this way… lock up the gun when it’s not in your control.
    Maybe your kid isn’t the problem and you trust them… how much do you really know about that sweet, quiet and polite friend of theirs?

Start throwing the adults in jail. Ultimately it’s their fault.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Looks like the Dems and their lapdog media are now connecting constitutional carry with little kids bringing guns to school.

Well, we did have a 14yr old arrested for residential robbery and getting into a shootout with the residents. His mom showed up and when we told her he was armed when we arrested him she stated that it wasn't illegal for him to carry a handgun since Indiana passed that "new law". Yup, I truly believe we have quite a few people who actually believe that and have no issues with their kids carrying. Especially with the rise of juvenile shootings.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, we did have a 14yr old arrested for residential robbery and getting into a shootout with the residents. His mom showed up and when we told her he was armed when we arrested him she stated that it wasn't illegal for him to carry a handgun since Indiana passed that "new law". Yup, I truly believe we have quite a few people who actually believe that and have no issues with their kids carrying. Especially with the rise of juvenile shootings.
    Well, for that, I blame the news for 'misinformation' more than I blame the law.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think we've identified the problem here. The parent of the violent 14 year old.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom