• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yes, you took it completely wrong. And not to mention.... It's good advice...

H. Rearden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Just put in a flag pole. Underneath the American Flag I put the Don't Tread On Me Flag. I looked up and felt a lot of pride.

H. Rearden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    I have just decided today that I will encourage my child not to go to college if they choose a career that doesn't require a license you can only get from the school (Medical, Legal, education) College tuition is out of control and other professions can be started early and the internet and the school of hard knocks would be much better. Don't get me wrong I live for and love education. I believe you are a life long learner, but you can't justify these student loan and tuition bills with the professions salaries. Doesn't match. I will encourage a debt free life (even mortgage) from birth for my children. Those times are gone of long time paying back loans.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Encourage them not to seek higher education?

Encourage them to be stuck in middle-classness the rest of their life?

You namesake would be ashamed.

H. Rearden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    They can go if they pay for it; or get a scholarship. I don't want them saddle in debt for a degree that doesn't get what you paid for. I think the National Inflation Association has a video over college tuition hikes. Recommend it.

Last edited:

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I can tell you my degree has already paid for it's self multiple times over. I get paid about 35% more than the guy who works under me, and coming out of school my degreegot me about 10% more. Yes if they going to college just to get a degree then it's debatable, but my engineering degree has paid off.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Instead of relying on hookers, simply invest in kleenex and jergens (personal finance)

Instead of buying meats, simply find some on the local highway and begin making meal (enviromentaly friendly)

Instead of helping the elderly cross the street, push them into oncoming traffic. More social security for the "more able" people (planning for the future)

Hope this helps :ingo:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    They can go if they pay for it; or get a scholarship. I don't want them saddle in debt for a degree that doesn't get what you paid for. I think the National Inflation Association has a video over college tuition hikes. Recommend it.

Nothing wrong with that.

But no debt at all? Dave Ramsey is the devil.

H. Rearden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    I wouldn't say he is the Devil. He is not for everyone. Most people don't have any financial plan. At least one plan is better than no plan.

H. Rearden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Talk to a neighbor today.(Community awarness)
    Have a block party.(Community awarness)
    Have a yard sale(Personal finance)
    If you have debt sell gold to get out; if you don't have debt buy gold
    (Personal finance)
    Male: sell sperm (Personal Finance)
    Female: sell eggs (Personal Finance)
    Both: sell plasma (Personal Finance)
    Start a community garden (Community)
    Inflating your tires up to recommended PSI once a week will give you better gas mileage as well. (Personal Finance)
    Taking your rain water from your gutter and rerouting it to your garden and flowers. (Community and PF); and it is legal in Indiana
    Never go to the grocery store hungary it effects your buying habits. Eat something before you go. (Personal finance)
    If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down. It would save on your water bill. (PF)
    Before you get rid of your hard drive on your computer or old VCR, etc. Take the covers off and snip the wires and take out the thin copper wire and throw it in a box.(PF)
    For smokers, they could try this new roll your own trend (PF)
    baking soda paste as a general stain remover. Rub chalk on grease stains prior to washing. Apply butter or margarine to chocolate stains, let set at least 15 minutes and wash. (PF)
    Pizza delivery for extra cash (PF)
    Get a moped; great gas milegage (PF)
    Cut fat intake (Health). Grocery bill is way down. (PF)
    Goodwill has great deals (PF)
    Ebay and Craigslist is your friend (PF)
    Use automotive hand cleaner from Dollar Genreral for grease stains on clothes. (Community)
    Raise your deductible on your vehicles and drive slower. Lower your payements.(PF)
    Do every repair on your home and personal property yourself; watch DIY network. (PF)
    A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down (health and wellness)
    Floss!! (Health AND finance...double whammy)
    average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year. (health)
    Get a woodburner for your home and look for free firewood to cut. don't buy a logsplitter.(PF)
    Raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand (Survival; I think)

Top Bottom