Commies at my alma mater? Valparaiso Univ. and the CCP?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

Just stuff I found. And from Wikipedia:

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Playing the long game using the rules we've setup.
    And I like those rules, but it also means the people have to hold the reins and lead the horse.

False advertising is more than just the "Subway footlong" style...

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I graduated from IU in '16 and one of my best friends was a Chinese student. He came from a Party family and was super up front about it; IU was FULL of CCP people reporting home on all kinds of stuff. They've been targeting US universities for years and years..

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I guess it's a good thing that the VU law school no longer exists. As an aside, in the last several years I taught a class there, we could have used a few more CCP students. At least there would have been someone there with brains and a work ethic.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I guess it's a good thing that the VU law school no longer exists. As an aside, in the last several years I taught a class there, would have used a few more CCP students. At least there would have been someone there with brains and a work ethic.

They are very driven to dominate the world, while I see very few young Americans that want to lead the world...

And it is the previous generations fault, they raised the kids, or were supposed to...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I guess it's a good thing that the VU law school no longer exists. As an aside, in the last several years I taught a class there, we could have used a few more CCP students. At least there would have been someone there with brains and a work ethic.
    Yikes, I had heard Valpo was circling the drain for 10 years before it closed.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yikes, I had heard Valpo was circling the drain for 10 years before it closed.
    After about 2007ish, it was all about more students and more $$. The "quality" of the average student plummeted. There were still some smart ones, but the worse it got, the more those students wanted to be elsewhere. It used to be a respected regional school. I would wager that close to most, if not most of the Region lawyers went there. Now, even I, an alum, would have to be convinced to hire a Valpo grad after 2010. Heck, I'm the only one at my firm and it took me 15 years of reputation to be invited onboard.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    After about 2007ish, it was all about more students and more $$. The "quality" of the average student plummeted. There were still some smart ones, but the worse it got, the more those students wanted to be elsewhere. It used to be a respected regional school. I would wager that close to most, if not most of the Region lawyers went there. Now, even I, an alum, would have to be convinced to hire a Valpo grad after 2010. Heck, I'm the only one at my firm and it took me 15 years of reputation to be invited onboard.
    Very sad, and now you have communists.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm more concerned about his statement that all law schools have communists

Do cult of personality authoritarian autocracies actually need lawyers, considering they lack any sort of rule of law?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Know it doesn't really pertain but I
    Seen VU has dropped the "Crusaders" nickname now too. They say it's a derogatory term used by "hate groups" They are now the "Beacons"

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I dated a girl in the late 90's who went there. They were liberal as heck even then.
    I started at the law school in 1995. The law school and the rest university always had some level of separation, but it was made very clear to us early on that just because the university was associated with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, have no fear as whatever those pesky Christians believed would not have anything to do with out education. As time went on, it became obvious that over on the undergrad side, it was just as liberal as any other pricy, liberal arts university. There are those who study religion there...and some of them wanted to be good ministers, but over time, the theology became more and more liberal, following the politics.

That they would be open and welcoming to a group so closely aligned with the CCP doesn't really shock me as they would probably be uber-scared that they may offend someone by taking a strong stance against....authoritarian communists.

Top Bottom