• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    We had uverse before CoNcast and the picture would freeze on the screen for a half second at a time. This happened pretty regularly maybe 3 or 4 times in 5-10 seconds and maybe 3 of those spells an hour.
    We have lost cable/internet maybe 3 times in 4 years where we are now. The longest loss was about 4 hours when the sub station caught fire or what ever happened a year or 2 ago that had the east side out with no power.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Going to be moving in about 10 days. TV options in the new apartment are U-verse or Comcast. Which one should I pick? I grew up with Comcast, but have heard awful things about them recently, dont really know much about ATT.

I use Comcast Business Class Internet and have had good service and good response when I needed service.
    You don't have to be a business to get it.
    It's a better trained group of people, and you can still get TV with it.

I used to have DSL for several years from a local ISP that used AT&T. (for some reason i couldn't get DSL directly from AT&T)
    I had nothing but line PROBLEMS most of the time which resulted in sporadic speeds.

In the early years of my service, AT&T would fix the outside lines, and I would have good service for a few weeks.
    Then it would go back to being bad again when wind or rain went through.

As time went on, it got harder and harder to get them to repair the lines, and finally they just denied there was a problem.
    Even though known good equipment hooked directly to their interface box outside PROVED the problem was in the outside lines.

At this point, i wouldn't use AT&T on a bet!

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I dislike both companies, but I will never, never, NEVER go back to AT&T for anything. I had them for cell phone service years back and they provided by far the worst customer service experiences I've ever had with any company. I was on the phone with them everyday for weeks straight trying to resolve their f'ups. Just thinking about how badly they treated me and my business makes my blood pressure go up.

AT&T could offer a service that beams me directly into the television and lets me be a part of the show and I would refuse their service. If they were the only cable company on earth I would draw my own flip books for entertainment.

:ranton:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've had U-verse for several years and aside from their pricing (which would be an issue with Comcast too once your introductory offer runs out), I've been pretty happy. We have tv, internet and phone with them. Just recently there was an issue with one of our lines on the outside of the house (not technically "their" line). When we moved into this house, they simply used the existing coaxial cable for our service, in addition to running another line to a part of the house that didn't have service. When that line went bad they came out and basically rewired everything with network cable (not coaxial), replaced our main DVR and gave us two wireless receivers, all at no cost. The only oddball thing that happens is that the tv service cuts out between 11:45 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. every day. By "cuts out" I mean it's just a momentary outage, just enough for me to have to turn the receiver back on, not reboot it. I've never gotten an answer on what causes that.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Customer service is universally bad for any consumer level service. Businesses get treated slightly better depending on how much $$ they're spending.

I use DirecTV for video, by far the best quality but also pricy. If you're losing your signal frequently, your dish is not aligned properly. Mine drops only when the heavy storms come in and even then it's only for a few minutes. Apartments can't stop you from getting satellite tv, but they can stop you from mounting a dish on their building. If you can mount it to a balcony railing or something temporary and have a view of the southwestern sky then you can get it but if you face north you're SOL.

For Internet, Comcast would frequently die for no apparent reason over a period of about five years. Since switching to Uverse for internet I've had NO outages in nearly three years. Regarding internet speeds, for the most part you won't notice a lot of difference between 12 megabits and 100 megabits unless you have four people all trying to watch different HD netflix streams at once.

Top Bottom