• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I am heading to my first Colts game this weekend with my dad, mom, brother, sister, and brother-in-law. None of us have ever been to a game so we just go cheap nosebleed tickets on the Colts side of the field just to experience a game. I was just wondering if anybody knows any tips to get the most out of the game. Like since our seats our terrible and I'm sure the game will be, is there a bar area or anything like that where we can go to in the stadium to have a few drinks without being stuffed in our seats?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I am heading to my first Colts game this weekend with my dad, mom, brother, sister, and brother-in-law. None of us have ever been to a game so we just go cheap nosebleed tickets on the Colts side of the field just to experience a game. I was just wondering if anybody knows any tips to get the most out of the game. Like since our seats our terrible and I'm sure the game will be, is there a bar area or anything like that where we can go to in the stadium to have a few drinks without being stuffed in our seats?

Idk, but you can google Lucas Oil stadium and find out .....

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Just have fun. I've been all over that stadium and enjoyed every game. You can see the field well, hear and watch the large screens. Go to your seats, see how many people come and move down lower.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Indianapolis Parking - Book Downtown Indy's Best Parking Spots

For parking I've been using Parkwhiz. Pretty cool site where you can compare rates, look at different locations, read reviews....

When you find the spot you want you can pay online for it and just use your phone or printed receipt when you arrive. It's guaranteed you will have a space in your selected lot.

Good stuff.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    If you're not a afraid of short walk, you can park on McCarty Street, just East of West Street for $10.
    There is a lounge on the South East corner of the stadium that is open to the public. Food, drinks, entertainment before the game and plenty of table and sofa seating. Of course a ton of big screen TVs.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Last time I was down, the lot near the Arby's was charging 20. I can't see them being more than that for this game.
    I've parked there a couple times this season. If the weather's bad I'll usually park in the government center parking garage and walk through the convention center so I don't even have to go outside. It was $10 last season, but I drove by when I went to the game 2 weeks ago and it looked like they were charging $20.
    Typically one block or so west of the Oil Can. Granted, one of those games was the Notre Dame vs Purdue 'Shamrock Series' game last year. I think $35 was the most I've paid, but $40 parking is not out of the norm for the closest spots.
    Fair enough. I guess I've never checked the lots right buy the stadium.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Wife and I will be at the game this weekend. I've only been to Lucas Oil twice, but I have never driven. So I'm really of no help, but give me the INGO wave if you see me (I'll be wearing my INGO hat) :wavey:

wabashman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Make sure the ladies do not try taking their purses in. If they do, get one of the clear bags before entering the stadium. Honestly not sure where you get them as I'm a guy. But I would guess the Colts store in the mall?

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Thanks for all the info, we are planning on parking down by Shapiros deli where a guy from work always parks. He says it's always easy to get out right after the game from there.

inav8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Pendleton
    The Bud Light party zone is a big open area on the 2nd level at the north end of the stadium - anyone can get there - but it'll be unlikely that you'll be able to see the field unless you get there super early before the game and camp out at a table. Doing that is pretty popular - so don't plan on you being the only one who thought of that. There's also at least one party zones on the ground level (SW corner) that have TV's and a nice place to sit down that is available to anyone. I can do that at home - so I've never done it at the stadium.

As a long time season ticket holder, here are my tips:
    1) Be sure to read the rules on what size bags you can take into the stadium. If your wife has a purse (anything more than a clutch), plan on a trip back to the car as it's not getting in.
    2) Take a plastic bag large enough to fit your coats and/or jackets. It's nice inside and I like to take off my coat - but 9 out of 10 times a drunk a few rows behind me will drop a beer and it will spill. Having my jacket or coat in a bag keeps it nice.
    3) If you plan to drink soda, take a cap from home. When you buy 20oz bottles of soda they keep the cap (they don't want that bottle becoming a missle). If you bring your own cap you can keep from spilling your soda. I have had ushers confiscate my caps before - but it's rare. You can also buy large cups of fountain soda it's your choice. ;) (If you ask nicely they will usually provide a lid and straw for a fountain soda).
    4) Unless money is no object - eat BEFORE the game. The food at the stadium is pretty good - but it's also pretty pricey. I usually eat just before the game and then grab a snack in the stadium. I do eat at the stadium at least a couple times a year for the fun of it.
    5) If you hate macro-brewed beer there is hope. Sun King beers can be found in the stadium - but you have to look for them. They're not at every vendor. Same for mixed drinks - plenty of places to get them - but you have to look around. If bud-light is your go to beer, then you will be very happy (except for the prices). Outside a bud-light is $3.00 inside they are $7.50... A cup of a Sun King brew is $9. I've never bought a 16oz can, so I don't know those prices - but I have seen them being sold inside.

Last edited:

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    The Bud Light party zone is a big open area on the 2nd level at the north end of the stadium - anyone can get there - but it'll be unlikely that you'll be able to see the field unless you get there super early before the game and camp out at a table. Doing that is pretty popular - so don't plan on you being the only one who thought of that. There's also at least one party zones on the ground level (SW corner) that have TV's and a nice place to sit down that is available to anyone. I can do that at home - so I've never done it at the stadium.

As a long time season ticket holder, here are my tips:
    1) Be sure to read the rules on what size bags you can take into the stadium. If your wife has a purse (anything more than a clutch), plan on a trip back to the car as it's not getting in.
    2) Take a plastic bag large enough to fit your coats and/or jackets. It's nice inside and I like to take off my coat - but 9 out of 10 times a drunk a few rows behind me will drop a beer and it will spill. Having my jacket or coat in a bag keeps it nice.
    3) If you plan to drink soda, take a cap from home. When you buy 20oz bottles of soda they keep the cap (they don't want that bottle becoming a missle). If you bring your own cap you can keep from spilling your soda. I have had ushers confiscate my caps before - but it's rare. You can also buy large cups of fountain soda it's your choice. ;) (If you ask nicely they will usually provide a lid and straw for a fountain soda).
    4) Unless money is no object - eat BEFORE the game. The food at the stadium is pretty good - but it's also pretty pricey. I usually eat just before the game and then grab a snack in the stadium. I do eat at the stadium at least a couple times a year for the fun of it.
    5) If you hate macro-brewed beer there is hope. Sun King beers can be found in the stadium - but you have to look for them. They're not at every vendor. Same for mixed drinks - plenty of places to get them - but you have to look around. If bud-light is your go to beer, then you will be very happy (except for the prices). Outside a bud-light is $3.00 inside they are $7.50... A cup of a Sun King brew is $9. I've never bought a 16oz can, so I don't know those prices - but I have seen them being sold inside.

Thanks for this, I like the plastic bag tip, we will be doing that. I guess I will have to drink the watered down "beer" because I am sure a cocktail is outrageous if a butt-light is $7.50.

cjcinin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    If your up high dress warm. Hats and hoodies are good. It is pretty cold and breezy up there.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Go early and check out the touchdown town outside of the stadium. My wife and I go there before games to get some $3 beers...if you drink enough of those beforehand you wont need to spend 7.50 per beer inside. They usually have live music and plenty of activities.

Top Bottom