• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    Has anybody had Colt refinish a handgun lately? My son has had a Python for almost 40 years that is showing its age. He'd like to get it prettied up but only if Colt does it. If you've had any experience with them in the recent past, I'd appreciate the info. Thanks in advance.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Try calling Colt Customer Service. If they want refinish they will recommend someone who will. But, I though you were not supposed to refinish firearms. They are worth more in original condition. Having said that...I've had several refinished because I like a nice looking handgun and have no interest in selling hem.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Good luck, Colt's customer service is well in a word...Lacking and is/was probably the worst I ever dealt with. You would probably be better off going to any number of reputable places that can refinish firearms. And as JBI812 said it could take away from the value but that will happen whether you have Colt or another company do it.

Mike Grasso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 5, 2014
    Westfield
    Brent Turchi runs the Colt Custom Shop, that's where your pistol will be handled.
    It's one of the best Custom Shops I've ever dealt with and I've dealt with them all.
    The work is top notch and you will be satisfied. It's the only place I send my Colts.

DSC_0157_zps28483fee.jpg

harleyindys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Southside Indy
    I sent one to Colt to be re-blued it took 6 months priced at around $300 looks great, you have to send it in they send you a formal quote you have to approve the quote then they start the work.

Top Bottom