• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And now for a question a little more grounded in reality. For those who have owned or shot the the 2" D frame Colt revolvers, what is your preference for the grip with regard to shootability and concealability? (Those are definitely real words.) I have a 80s issue Agent with the smooth compact stocks. Before I shot it, I wondered if I would have to get rubber grips after hearing about the bone crushing recoil of small aluminum revolvers. After putting 100 rounds through, I don't really see what the big deal is. I'm inclined to stick with wood to keep them from grabbing my clothes.

I see a lot of them wearing the Pachmayr Compac grip and have heard that they make them comortable to shoot. But since I got a small revolver specifically for the possibility of pocket carry, I'm concerned about the added length to the grip. But then after shooting it, I would like to get something thicker to get a better hold on it. Right now I'm leaning toward getting a set of the 3rd or 4th issue DS stocks. I would like to get an idea how those work for concealment though.

If nothing else, there's always the aftermarket.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    I have a pair of Eagle Grips Secret Service stocks on my Detective Special, and wouldn't trade them for anything else. They conceal easily in OWB, IWB and pocket holsters.
    A8DDF781_zps34fea4b2.jpg

My Cobra wears rosewood finger grooved stocks from Handgun Grips.com. These are oversized and don't pocket carry as well as the Eagle grips. However, I feel they conceal as well when carried on the belt. They do make the gun very comfortable to shoot.
    A036C1A7_zps7a2a6e29.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom