• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Kaepernick isn't playing because he told NFL fans they're oppressors of black people. It really has little to do with his talent on the field.

Tim Tebow is a minor league baseball player.

After all taking a knee all those times, too. Oh, but wait, he was praying. Still didn't help.

John

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "Patriots!" Follow your govt's orders and stand for the national anthem. Shame those amongst you, the Mennonites, the athletes, or whomever to share your enthusiasm! The govt commands this.

Trump launches national anthem petition in latest swipe at NFL | TheHill

Sign below:
    https://action.donaldjtrump.com/sta...nd-for-anthem_gop_rnc&utm_content=gop_surveys

I did-
    name: Obergruppenführer Kut
    email: Idolator1@ whatsfreespeech.USSR

This proof loyalty pledge, now goes beyond the NFL kneelers, now it's anybody that doesn't stand. "MAGA"

I dunno Kut. This seems more like he's fundraising off of this. Mostly harmless. But it's what ****ty politicians do. BHO was just more refined at doing it. Trump is straight up in your face about doing it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I dunno Kut. This seems more like he's fundraising off of this. Mostly harmless. But it's what ****ty politicians do. BHO was just more refined at doing it. Trump is straight up in your face about doing it.

I never thought I'd see the day that it was our govt that was the one that was wanting loyalty pledges. I may be naive in that, but I never thought that Americans would be so willing to accept this from their govt.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I never thought I'd see the day that it was our govt that was the one that was wanting loyalty pledges. I may be naive in that, but I never thought that Americans would be so willing to accept this from their govt.

There's a lot of things about our govt that surprise me.
    One of which is sticking their nose into sports.
    Govt has no place in sports and sports have no place in govt. I mean ... in a perfect world.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home

LOL. I guess you never went to a public school and had to do The Pledge of Allegiance.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    LOL. I'll take that as a yes, you did. And you're just making this an issue in a ridiculous attempt to score points against Trump supporters.

We live in Nazi Germany! Trump is literally Hitler! :laugh:

Pledging allegiance to the flag and country (or to the constitution depending on the type of oath) is not the same as pledging allegiance to the government or the president.

Even in the US military where you pledge allegiance to the president you only do so as long as the orders are lawful and in accordance with the code of military justice.

"I, (state name of enlistee), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    Pledging allegiance to the flag and country (or to the constitution depending on the type of oath) is not the same as pledging allegiance to the government or the president.

Even in the US military where you pledge allegiance to the president you only do so as long as the orders are lawful and in accordance with the code of military justice.

Is Trump asking that?

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home

They should add an emoji of a little boy sticking his fingers in his ears and going "nah, nah, nah". That would more accurately convey the emotional maturity level of your replies.

Edit to add: I found one pretty close that you can use for replies going forward. LOL.

:p

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Two questions

Did you pledge a fraternity in college?

Did you give a loyalty oath as part of that process?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Lifted verbatim off https://action.donaldjtrump.com/stan...nt=gop_surveys

Official Stand for the National Anthem Petition

The President has asked for a list of supporters who stand for the National Anthem. Add your name below to show your patriotism and support:

Having trouble spotting the oath of loyalty to anything, let alone Trump. I see him wanting a 'show of hands' of how many people think the poor, oppressed millionaires should respect the country and system that made them possible

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They should add an emoji of a little boy sticking his fingers in his ears and going "nah, nah, nah". That would more accurately convey the emotional maturity level of your replies.

Edit to add: I found one pretty close that you can use for replies going forward. LOL.

:p

:n00b:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

You gave the oral Oath of Enlistment which is used for enlisted personnel (E1 - E9) . . .
    10 U.S. Code § 502 - Enlistment oath: who may administer

(a)Enlistment Oath.—
    Each person enlisting in an armed force shall take the following oath:
    “I, __________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.”

(b)Who May Administer.—
    The oath may be taken before the President, the Vice-President, the Secretary of Defense, any commissioned officer, or any other person designated under regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Defense.

The oral Oath of Office for Commissioned and Warrant Officers (W1-W5 & O1 - O10; no reference to any office):
    5 U.S. Code § 3331 - Oath of office

An individual, except the President, elected or appointed to an office of honor or profit in the civil service or uniformed services, shall take the following oath: “I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.” This section does not affect other oaths required by law.

These are for federal active and reserve. National Guard have an additional, different oath for allegiance to the federal and their respective state or territorial constitutions. There are written forms with nearly identical wording that must be signed: DD Form 4 for enlisted and DA Form 71 for U.S. Army officers (officers in other services will have similar forms). For officers, the commission or warrant itself charges the recipient with obedience to orders from the President and other officers appointed over them.

There is nothing in any of these that make an oath of allegiance to any person. Loyalty is to the Constitution and (lawful) obedience is owed to an elected or appointed Office. There's a very distinct difference between owing obedience to an Office (elected or appointed) and owing obedience to a specific person. The difference is not trivial. That obedience can only be enforced for lawful orders and their lawful execution. Disobedience is at the peril of those choosing to disobey and culpability rests first, and very firmly, on those issuing the orders.

John

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Two questions

Did you pledge a fraternity in college?

Did you give a loyalty oath as part of that process?

V0CyCxu.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom