• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    there are alot of other options out there for nonmetallic knives.

some are injection molded, some are g10, carbon fiber, ceramic, a slew of other options.

cold steal is a bunch of thieves and liars. and they don't make ANY of their stolen designs themselves. they are ALL outsourced to off shore factories. cold steal is only a "retailer". and a bunch of THIEVES.

don't give them your hard earned money. if you want something similiar to that product, as far as nonmetallic properties, you don't have to look very hard.

there are also other makers of injection molded "knives"..........

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    i'm a benchmade blind horse man, but i will admit i have a cold steel ak47 g10. I've beat the dog crap out of that knife, and its never let me down. So i may just have a odd one, but i'd trust it just as much as my benchmades

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    +1 cubby. I'll admit to buying one or two of the cheap Cold Steel tomahawks for cheap throwers (they weaseled their way into the ATC name, though to say Prisco is "no saint" would be an understatement too.)

Some of their stuff actually isn't too bad. It all depends on who made it for them. To echo cubby, the only product Cold Steel manufactures is a DVD. Everything else they buy from others. As an example, their Carbon V was actually 0170-6 CV steel and was produced for them by Camillus (who was later shut down by the banks due to family mismanagement and an ensuing strike.) Whew... anyway.

Some of their blades are ok, some are trash. The Cold Steel Bushman is reasonable for cost/value. The Nightshade might be as well, given the price.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    I collect this kind of crap for when I do LEO courses to show what is out there. A dealer at a show gave me one of their small daggers. It came in a plastic wrapper, I used the knife itself to rip out of the bag, it broke the tip. E-mailed Cold Steal, never got a response. Crap, crap, crap- George

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I collect this kind of crap for when I do LEO courses to show what is out there. A dealer at a show gave me one of their small daggers. It came in a plastic wrapper, I used the knife itself to rip out of the bag, it broke the tip. E-mailed Cold Steal, never got a response. Crap, crap, crap- George

did you ask for a sitrep on the JawJackers??!!

:laugh:

Top Bottom