• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimmyJames

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Just passin through
    "Officers caught up with the vehicle and arrested Mark Lasiter, 58, Trevor Lasiter, 18, Tyler Lasiter, 24, and Jonathan Tribby, 27, all of Greenwood, on preliminary charges of battery and criminal mischief." Source: Wish TV 8

Police: 4 men followed driver home, attacked him

Does anyone know if this is the same Mark Lasiter that owns Acapulco Joe's?

Likely related. See the LinkedIn for the guy in mugshot 1 at the link in the op.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    And this is why I carry. As far as I'm concerned if you bring 4 guys against me, you're not trying to hurt me and teach me a lesson or whatever. You're trying to kill me. Of course, I don't sit there honking and flipping people off and all that when they cut me off.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    And this is why I carry. As far as I'm concerned if you bring 4 guys against me, you're not trying to hurt me and teach me a lesson or whatever. You're trying to kill me. Of course, I don't sit there honking and flipping people off and all that when they cut me off.

Flipping someone off and honking a horn is a far cry from being a clear and present danger to someone's well being, and certainly undeserving of being beat on.

I occasionally allow my emotion get the better of me when I drive, while I salute another driver with my middle finger.....but that is where it ends.

I can pretty much guarantee that if these guy would have pulled this crap with me, it would have been the last thing at least one of them have done on this Earth.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    At first I was sympathetic to the victim, and of course wondered why he wasn't armed. But then I got around to actually reading the story. The idiot brake-checked the car behind him. What a dumb-a**.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    THIS, I AGREE !!!!! S&W, is ALWAYS with ME !!!!!

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Flipping someone off and honking a horn is a far cry from being a clear and present danger to someone's well being, and certainly undeserving of being beat on.

This is 100% true, but you can never know what someone else will do and what will set someone off. Some people have zero self control.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    TFT opened a thread about Disparity of Force. I'll look it up and post a link here. *edit CLICK HERE PLEASE

It should be studied closely if you think that you can fire on these four for what we know per the article.

I don't give a crap what the officer taking the report said in the OP. Off duty blah blah blah. You or I take down all four with a gun - as the cop is said to have stated - expect some scrutiny, and a very large legal bill.

Last edited:

1nthechmber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    I was just wondering if you could just open fire,even on your own property.?

Last edited:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

It would depend on a lot of factors, then no matter what, it would still have the chance to go before a jury, and then you think you can explain it to 12 people about what you did and why you did it. This is something that could have been avoided. Egos fight, if one of them had backed down, this would not have happened. If one of them had used a cell and called the police and let them sort it out, it would not have happened. There are so many ways that could have gotten out of this situation, but neither side apparently wanted to, so you have what happened.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis

What do you mean open fire?

Shoot at the ground? no. Shoot the attackers? Maybe. A jury would decide if the prosecutor's office decided that it might not be justified and wanted the shooter charged.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

Anyplace one has a legal right to be...........so long as they are in fear of their well being, and aren't the initial aggressor....or breaks off combat and attempts to retreat.

Or even brandish?

OC....brandishing....isn't illegal....unless it meets the element of the A Misdemeanor of Intimidation.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

ejm874

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NWI/Indy
    Likely related. See the LinkedIn for the guy in mugshot 1 at the link in the op.

"Officers caught up with the vehicle and arrested Mark Lasiter, 58, Trevor Lasiter, 18, Tyler Lasiter, 24, and Jonathan Tribby, 27, all of Greenwood, on preliminary charges of battery and criminal mischief." Source: Wish TV 8

Police: 4 men followed driver home, attacked him

Does anyone know if this is the same Mark Lasiter that owns Acapulco Joe's?

Same guy. I know a member of the family from college and several of my friends know the family well from high school etc. Fighting runs in the family, in fact someone commented on Facebook the other day that they must get a family discount on bail bonds by now :laugh:

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I saw that same Facebook post. Didn't the victim brake check them pretty hard essentially running them off the road? Following him home and assaulting him is obviously out of line, but I'm not super sympathetic and I'd be lying if a small part of me didn't smile at the thought. Brake checking combined with its paired passive aggressive behavior of left lane lurking are my biggest pet peeves on the road. If you're not passing or turning, you don't need to be aimlessly turtle racing the car next to you causing a back up with its ensuing unnecessary hazards. If somebody behind you would like not driving next to a semi, 5 under, with 10 cars stacked up behind him, etc, you could just move over if you have no reason to be there and stop acting like an idiot. Not condoning the behavior of the 4, but as is often said on here, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I drive more than most folks. It is part of my trade. I see so much silly crap every day. It is a wonder so many folks actually make it home with all 4 corners intact on the family truckster. It is an everyday thing to be cut off, forced out of my lane and almost tail ended. Texting, DVD players and phones are a big reason but just lack of ability ranks right up there. Road rage is a real thing and it is getting worse. I do my best not to incite riot when someone wonders into my lane without looking and when they suddenly see the mirror full of my grill they freak out and think I am tailgating them when it was their silly driving that put them in harms way. At the end of a perilous day out with the general population It is all I can do not to flip off someone who really deserves it and I do on occasion have something to say to them. I am not in any way a perfect driver but I do know how to use a 4 way stop, a turn lane and a roundabout . Follow me home after such an encounter and step into my yard....epic fail. Let it go, move on and all will be right in the world.

Top Bottom