• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Overall I think it did a pretty good job of staying neutral, except for the Yeager section which was fairly bad. It was better overall than I had expected going into it, and I could only count a couple instances where it misrepresented items as facts in order to paint the AR in a bad light.

gunner69

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Anderson
    Like others have said, I think they were neutral, other than the guy doing the interviews who seemed far more left than right. The dentist did a good job and represented gun owners positively. Yeager's part started out ok, then went downhill after showing his infamous youtube rant.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Has anyone else noticed that the BIG 0 and the media keep saying inalienable not unalienable ? ?

Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

From the story:
    CNBC tells the story of one gun: the nation’s most popular and feared firearm, now at the center of a wrenching national debate. The AR-15 is legal and lethal, loved by some and despised by others, assailed and defended, seven pounds of metal and plastic that has become a symbol in the great divide between those who say it belongs only on the battlefield and others who insist owning one is their inalienable right

1. Are the humans in question so FN stupid they do not know the difference ?
    2. I don't ?
    3. Like over the last 50 yrs people are trying to change the REAL meaning of things to fit what they want them to be by making and repeating small changes till stupid people think that is the way it is ?

It P's me off so bad that they keep repeating this
    If you doubt me go listen to some Dill Holes speeches on the 2nd

Exact quote:
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--
    Source:
    Declaration of Independence - Text Transcript

:xmad:

Last edited:

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Like others have said, I think they were neutral, other than the guy doing the interviews who seemed far more left than right. The dentist did a good job and represented gun owners positively. Yeager's part started out ok, then went downhill after showing his infamous youtube rant.

Yeager is the Alex Jones of the 2A movement.......

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The ATF dork was classic.
    Yeager did a good job.
    I don't think it was a neutral program but it was better than some I've seen. I'm glad the message of what the 2nd amendment is truly about didn't get edited out!

Also I didn't like the false reporting of the sandy hook murders being done with an AR-15. He used pistols and the AR was in his trunk.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Obviously Yeager got ambushed about his rant video. I'm sure they told him they wouldn't discuss it and then did anyways. That's how these shock reporters get what they want. He stayed more calm than I would have expected. Thumbs up to him.
    He did originally say that and so he is responsible for it. But since the executive order didn't happen his statement for that outcome was able to be edited by him In my opinion.

Overall I was saddened to see people paying so much for AR's but they did highlight some nice ones!!

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Found it to be very left leaning. Victims were painted in a positive light while gun owners were painted as scared or nuts.

Yeager lasted about 5 minutes before they torpedoed him.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Found it to be very left leaning. Victims were painted in a positive light while gun owners were painted as scared or nuts.

Yeager lasted about 5 minutes before they torpedoed him.

Really no way not to paint victims in a positive light. Not like the media can make them look bad. They got shot, it changed their lives, no way not to form an opinion based on emotion when that happens.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    So the leftist-anti-gun theology says that "the AR-15 CAUSED the Newtown, CT massacre." By that twisted logic then, if there were no AR-15's, Adam Lanza would have been unable to go to that school and hurt anyone.

Does that make any sense at all? How many of the "good" weapons on Sen. Feinstein's list could have been used just as easily to kill children? What if he had taken a can of gasoline and a lighter, or a hunting knife, a machete, an axe, or just a baseball bat?

The evil mind knows NO limits. I remain confident that the problem is the CRIMINAL not the tools used.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Really no way not to paint victims in a positive light. Not like the media can make them look bad. They got shot, it changed their lives, no way not to form an opinion based on emotion when that happens.

When people get attacked by sharks, you always hear about them becoming wildlife biologists and advocates for sharks and shark research. No one hunts down and kills all the sharks. Congress doesn't vote to take sharks out of aquariums. DiFi doesn't push to pull teeth from sharks' mouths...

So why when people become victims of shootings, why don't they become advocates of proper firearm use, responsible ownership, and firearms safety? I'm not saying that some don't, but you'll never see those peoples' courageous stories in the media.

Become a victim of gun related violence, and then become an advocate of education and safe handling of firearms. That's how you paint victims in a positive light. :twocents: Too bad you'll never see the lamestream media report on that...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I watched the commercial and it seemed they where more interested about the aurora victim talking about her stomach and intestines falling out than talking about the gun.

Not watching.

This victom is "still not sure these guns should be banned."

I bet there was a good part of this interview that was not shown. The above statement was the narrators last comment before that part ended. I'd like to hear what she had to say.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    [ame]http://youtu.be/uItQ_OD7TqE[/ame]

The ER doc in Aurora said she couldn't tell what gun the shots had come from, but then said the damage she saw could not have been inflicted with a shotgun or a handgun. Wasn't a handgun used in Aurora too?

Is a .223 wound really worse than a 12 ga. slug or shot at close range?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The ER doc in Aurora said she couldn't tell what gun the shots had come from, but then said the damage she saw could not have been inflicted with a shotgun or a handgun. Wasn't a handgun used in Aurora too?

Is a .223 wound really worse than a 12 ga. slug or shot at close range?

Not worse per se just different. I would venture to say they see more handgun wounds. I would also guess the average ER doc sees fewer wounds inflicted by all firearms when compared to falls, burns, cuts, heart attacks, auto accidents...........

Top Bottom