• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    I'm planning on goin up to the cmp north store this weekend to get a Garand. Does anyone know if I buy the gun can I take it home that day being that I'm an out of stater? Any additional info like personal experiences would be appreciated.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    You need to be a member of an associated group or club to purchase from the CMP.

If I'm not mistaken, and I don't think I am, you will need to have it sent to an FFL in your state of residence.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Yes you can take it with you but you will have to py Ohio sales tax.
    You can have it shipped to your house for $25.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Ok I'm joined the garand collectors association to meet the affiliated requirement but all I have is a email confirmation is that sufficient? Also does my CCW permit meet the requirement for being involved in a shooting sport? I think it does just not sure. Trying to get my ducks in line before Saturday.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    CCW permit? from Indiana? HUMMMMM??
    You have a permit to carry if you are from Indiana
    You will need a passport/Birth certificate and other forms of identification in addition to proof of marksmanship. Check the web site, even call them to make sure you have the proper paper work.
    And yes they do honor Indiana's permit to carry as proof of marksmanship even though our permit does not really truly meet the qualifications but most other states do make people prove they can shoot to get their permits.

Ok I'm joined the garand collectors association to meet the affiliated requirement but all I have is a email confirmation is that sufficient? Also does my CCW permit meet the requirement for being involved in a shooting sport? I think it does just not sure. Trying to get my ducks in line before Saturday.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Well perhaps I could print off scores from Friday night steel matches I've shot. They are just spread sheets that have my name on it no real way of proving its me.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    All you need is your indiana permit to carry a handgun, proof of citizenship and your CMP affiliated club card. Oh and your cash or credit card lol.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    I joined the garand collectors association which is one of their affiliated clubs I don't have a membership card but I have an email confirmation and they are supposed to release my info to the CMP so hopefully that's enough

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    Just went to CMP a couple weeks ago. An email confirmation works for sure. Bring your birth certificate, drivers license, your CCW or C&R FFL, and that email confirmation and you can go home with a sweet Garand. It's a good time to get one too. The buzz on the street is that they'll be running out of Garands soon. Once they ran out of M1 Carbines the prices on the market doubled. The CMP kinda controls the cost of these rifles, once they're out I expect Garands to be in the $1500-$2000 range.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Been there twice....drivers license, birth cert. your carry permit.....and club affiliation....you should be good to go....there is not much of a selection right now, back orders have depleted all the FG, and SG....not even any RG. They have some nice Service grade specials and the others that come with a new barrel.....when the back orders get caught up, the N. Store will recieve alot more Garands......I have not seen a increase in price with Carbines since they have sold out. In Fact I got a nice one at half the price CMP was selling them for when the sold out....,I would buy as much ammo for it as you can afford while there though.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I would buy as much ammo for it as you can afford while there though.

Right on D, and plenty en blocs too.

I had hopes of getting an IHC but it looks like the odds of that will be like winning the lottery. And the price. Likely a person could buy two SG HRA's for the price of one IHC.
    I sure do want an IHC but it probably won't happen.

T4rdV4rk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    NWI
    You need to be a member of an associated group or club to purchase from the CMP.

If I'm not mistaken, and I don't think I am, you will need to have it sent to an FFL in your state of residence.

The CMP is an FFL. You can be Indiana resident and take gun home with you.

Top Bottom